Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Remeron for BP2?

I

ILuvBNme

Hi all! I was recently correctly diagnosed as BP2. My Dr. put me on 200mg Wellbutrin SR, 100mg Lamictal, and 15mg of Remeron at night. I've been on this new combo for a week. All meds before were the same except the Wellbutrin. Prior to this, I was on Effexor.
My depression was horrible for almost three weeks. Since starting this trio, I have felt giddy, slept very few hours at night, but don't wake up tired, have boundless energy, and more focus than I've had in awhile. Anyone else been on, or currently on this combo? Or thoughts about if this is normal? Any info appreciated!

Y

Yodagirl

Hi all! I was recently correctly diagnosed as BP2. My Dr. put me on 200mg Wellbutrin SR, 100mg Lamictal, and 15mg of Remeron at night. I've been on this new combo for a week. All meds before were the same except the Wellbutrin. Prior to this, I was on Effexor.
My depression was horrible for almost three weeks. Since starting this trio, I have felt giddy, slept very few hours at night, but don't wake up tired, have boundless energy, and more focus than I've had in awhile. Anyone else been on, or currently on this combo? Or thoughts about if this is normal? Any info appreciated!
Lamotrigine (lamictal) has been a life saver for me! Had that giddy feeling when first started it ( Hypo mania) my psychiatrist said. She had to increase to 200 mg and it’s leveled out.

I

ILuvBNme

Definitely agree about Lamictal!! Been on it since October-definitely nice to feel leveled out of sorts. The Remeron doesn't help me sleep, makes me eat half my dang kitchen..lol.. The wellbutrin even after only a week, has pulled me out of a hell of a depression. I've been at like mach 10 since I started taking it!.. lol..

Y

Yodagirl

Definitely agree about Lamictal!! Been on it since October-definitely nice to feel leveled out of sorts. The Remeron doesn't help me sleep, makes me eat half my dang kitchen..lol.. The wellbutrin even after only a week, has pulled me out of a hell of a depression. I've been at like mach 10 since I started taking it!.. lol..
Remeron is known for increasing the Appetite they put my son on it so he could gain weight.
Weight gain is really a fear of mine! I’m on trazdone not sure if that’s the correct spelling. But I sleep amazing and never wake up feeling tired throughout the day.

I

ILuvBNme

Remeron is known for increasing the Appetite they put my son on it so he could gain weight.
Weight gain is really a fear of mine! I’m on trazdone not sure if that’s the correct spelling. But I sleep amazing and never wake up feeling tired throughout the day.

Same here!! I suffer from pretty poor self image issues, so that doesn't help things.. However, this is the most amazing I've felt in forever.. I tried trazadone once. I was so desperate to sleep before being diagnosed that after a 4 day mania episode, I just wanted to sleep. It did the job..lol

Y

Yodagirl

Same here!! I suffer from pretty poor self image issues, so that doesn't help things.. However, this is the most amazing I've felt in forever.. I tried trazadone once. I was so desperate to sleep before being diagnosed that after a 4 day mania episode, I just wanted to sleep. It did the job..lol
I’m currently in recovery for an ED and I also have body dysmorphic disorder. When I look in the mirror I just don’t see myself like others do. I sometimes feel people lie to not hurt my feelings when they say “stop it your skinny” I don’t feel like all the therapy in the world will change my body issues.

I

ILuvBNme

I’m currently in recovery for an ED and I also have body dysmorphic disorder. When I look in the mirror I just don’t see myself like others do. I sometimes feel people lie to not hurt my feelings when they say “stop it your skinny” I don’t feel like all the therapy in the world will change my body issues.
:hug::hug:-I'm sorry you struggle so badly.. Idk your religious beliefs, but I came across this quote tonight, and perhaps it's because he knew we'd meet!.. "Im really bummed that girls look a the sky and think Wow God is so amazing but look in the mirror and think Ugh as if he didn't make both.. That struck me.. One day, one post, one hug, one friend at a time..I'm rooting for you!:cheer:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Bipolar Forum 1
P_Rose Bipolar Forum 29