• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Well Then

F

freshy

Where do you start?!

I've been struggling since about 17, I'm 29 now. Tried a few different treatments over the yrs, but always seem to find myself back "here".

I get over passionate about getting "better", getting my life back, making sure I am taking care of myself, but something always happens. I get disinterested in the treatment, work takes over, or I think the therapist is somehow judging me.

I guess what I am getting at, is, I'm going to check out this site, hope to talk with ppl with similar concerns and maybe have a buddy or 2 to help push me along with proper treatment.

Sometimes I wish there were actual theorists online, at night, since I have a tougher time dealing at night, and being face to face.

I'm glad I've found this forum and I hope it's what I'm looking for :)

iffybob

iffybob

hi

Hi and welcome........

Sometimes I wish there were actual theorists online, at night, since I have a tougher time dealing at night
I think a lot of us find nights more difficult.....:unsure:

Most on here 'have' MH probs, we share info, give support where we can, but we can mostly understand each other about what we are saying....

.... it may help others if you said what 'lable(s)' you have been given, but that is all up to you here.....

..... look around........ boB.....:p

M

mental

hi i'm also new here and hope this forum will solve a lot of burden in my head

F

freshy

.... it may help others if you said what 'lable(s)' you have been given, but that is all up to you here.....
If they've only told me what label I fall into, I'd share it with everyone. Maybe it's because I give up on therapy, or because I don't feel comfortable enough with whom I'm speaking with to really give them an idea of who I am.

I do know that I have been diagnosed with Bi-polar and it certainly runs in my family.

iffybob

iffybob

Ok

No prob, alot dont agree with 'there' lable any way........

... sticking with theropy is difficult, most times after seasions you feel like sh!t for days.

I think with the theropists they are mostley strait up people, with normal emotional staits........, talking to em is like speaking in a lanuage they dont realy understand., you have to be uderstanding with them, they cant help it if there undersatnding is limited..........

Bi-polar is a start, there is a section on here for it, maybe some in-sight on there for you........

Be good(ish)......... boB.......:p

S

*Sapphire*

Hi and :welcome:.

I do not have a diagnosis of bipolar but can certainly relate to alot of what you are going through. I hope you find this forum of some help to you.

L

Lady Summer Isles

Hello and :welcome:
I too have recently joined the site and have found it to be really welcoming and helpfull. (Especially in the early hours as like you I have trouble sleeping).
Am similar in another way in that it's not that i become disinterested with treatment, just that i can only keep things in general going for so long and then need a break. Hope you find the site usefull too.
Tannith

A

Anu Smith

Hi! I have just joined this forum. I hope I would be able to get a lot of help from here to sort out my problems. I would also try my best to help others through this.

keepsafe

keepsafe

:welcome: Anu Smith to the forum - hope you find it helpful

KS

Q

quality factor

Hi all and :welcome: to the forum,
hope you find its what you're looking for.

QF.

iffybob

iffybob

Try this

If you are finding theropy hard work and you get to the point where you feel like quitting, just talk to the theropist and arrange to skip a week, I have done this, never had a prob with doing it either.

Theropy can take it out of you, and a rest can be good and allow for what has been said and done time to sink in.

.....boB........(y)

F

freshy

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes and wishes.

Thanks iffybob :D I understand exactly what you are saying. Thanks for the advice. If I get back into therapy, I'll give it a shot. Maybe it's just who I'm seeing. I've seen one woman, who really helped me, way back when I first started dealing with my situation. After that, I moved and couldn't seem to find anyone I was really comfortable with. Sometimes I think they are all just in it for the $$$. Is anyone even passionate about their job anymore? Do they really want to help, or are they just thinking about what's going into their pocket...

sorry, should have started a thread on this in a different section. Just started thinking about it :mad:

iffybob

iffybob

Relax

Dont fret about posting stuff anywhere, things are pritty laxed on here, and you can go where you want on your thred.

What you said was relavent to the conversation, and its your thred.........(y)

Yeh getting the right person that you can communicate with, and work with is part of the prob many have, I got rid of my last support worker partly cos of that.

..... boB .......:p