• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Well, im normal again, things are looking up.

Wheelie Bin Barry

Wheelie Bin Barry

I have to say, it's been a wierd and intense starting period on this forum, but for real this time, after more than a week or so, I'm back to normal again.

I have some Ill feeling towards what I have posted, and noticed because my poems are unique, pasted into Google search, anyone can find their way to the darkest periods of my life.

I would rather new people not have such easy access to my secrets, theres a time, place, and appropriate manner for learning such things, best approached as somthing to look back on from a better place.

But still, I'm not ashamed either, it's just the unfiltered human experience, someone finally getting three decades worth of struggle off their chest, releasing all the tension, and I'm much better for it, I have to say.

As people who give me the chance will realise, it doesnt represent who I am, I am not my illness, and such doesnt represent me day to day, I'm fine the majority of the time.

Still, atleast those who snoop, and find their way to it, having seen the worst of the last 28 years of my life, will not be surprised by very much in the future, in fact, they may be pleasantly surprised, by how normal I am, most of the time.

But it's done now, it's out of the way, I have put the past behind me at last, and I'm ready to retake control of my life again, the dark clouds are gone, the future is bright with possability.

I'm going to focus on myself a while, going back into further education, to develop myself a bit, before chasing my dream lifestyle and job.

Additionally, I signed up to a dating website recently, I have some work to do on myself, before taking it too seriously, but I have to say, compared to the bad experience I was expecting, based off of negative reports from others, it's going really well so far.

I seem to have hit it off rather well, with a number of lovely girls, and have recieved more than my fair share of positive remarks and compliments, I have to say, I'm feeling much better about myself as a whole now, things aren't so bad as they may have seemed previously.

With that in mind, I'm just going to chill, work on myself, forging ahead to live my own life, and If the right girl comes along, she is welcome to join me.

I have ordered a new guitar, and will start practising again, I love the sound of guitar, and would live to play my favourite melodies, perhaps singing along with one or two for fun, if I can Learn to use my voice a bit better in harmony with them, but we will see, hopefully I can atleast sing walkin man by Seasick Steve, replacing Steve with B in the chorus Haha.

Either way, life is good, and worth living, B.

S

Sugaree

Good to hear you are doing so well. You have a great attitude!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jascha Will I ever be normal again? Mental Health Experiences 4
H Will I ever feel "normal" again? Mental Health Experiences 2
F back to feeling like my normal self again Mental Health Experiences 2
S Is it normal that they said I lacked capacity to consent to Mental Health Experiences 1
Amelia2020 Is being a shopaholic considered normal Mental Health Experiences 5
T Feel very frustrated right now: My father suggested me to have my brain "zapped" to become "normal" Mental Health Experiences 8
S Was my childhood normal? Mental Health Experiences 6
R Is is normal to fabricate characters and talk to them in your head? Mental Health Experiences 8
C I don't know if I'm normal , does everyone behave/feel the same? Mental Health Experiences 2
T Is emptiness after EMDR normal? Mental Health Experiences 1
wraziel How to be normal. Mental Health Experiences 7
AEWDude In recovery is this normal? Mental Health Experiences 3
K I don't know if I'm unwell or if what I feel is normal.. Mental Health Experiences 2
L Story why im depressed and havent had a normal life.. Mental Health Experiences 1
E Is it normal for therapist to give clients their private number? Mental Health Experiences 5
B Anyone act like your Birthday is a normal day? Mental Health Experiences 8
Sapphire Radiance Help, is this emotional abuse? Or is it normal? Mental Health Experiences 5
D Is it a normal reaction to abuse, is it abuse?? Mental Health Experiences 10
N I don't care about people anymore is it normal? Mental Health Experiences 1
A I am not normal enough but not crazy enough :( MH dilemma Mental Health Experiences 6
S Do normal people really act like this? Mental Health Experiences 5
Topcat Normal to look forward to things? Mental Health Experiences 4
S Is it normal to hallucinate when hungover? Mental Health Experiences 15
H Is it normal to constantly hear songs in your head Mental Health Experiences 7
K I dont want to commit suicide... But I do want to die. Is this normal?? Mental Health Experiences 13
M I deserve to be normal. It sucks being like this Mental Health Experiences 5
concernparent Are newborn baby hiccups normal? Mental Health Experiences 1
A I am just not good with people. At all. Should I seek help? Is it normal? Mental Health Experiences 9
Zardos A "Normal" Life ? Mental Health Experiences 20
J I don't know if I'm unwell or normal. It's a sad state of affairs.... Mental Health Experiences 14
S Is this normal empathy? Mental Health Experiences 6
E Is it normal to be this angry over someone using my wheelie bin? Mental Health Experiences 9
student12 Why do I keep attracting certain types of guys and not normal ones. Mental Health Experiences 4
B Am I "normal"? Mental Health Experiences 1
Jaminacaranda Normal sexuality? Mental Health Experiences 16
BillFish Great video, are you normal? Mental Health Experiences 1
L Am I normal? Mental Health Experiences 2
B Am I normal? Mental Health Experiences 6
formerlymadjon Im being trained to be normal Mental Health Experiences 3
NicoretteGummed The Most Destressing Thoughts That Keep Me Locked Out From Having A Normal Life. Mental Health Experiences 2
prairiechick Is this normal after therapy? Mental Health Experiences 9
S Mood swings-is this normal? Mental Health Experiences 4
cpuusage Here we see that normal isn’t something to aim for… Mental Health Experiences 4
Fairy Lucretia i know how i can be normal and well Mental Health Experiences 9
pippinjay What the f****** hell do you have to do here to get yourself a normal pdoc, well baby, you are one hell of a pdoc is what my mentor just said to me wh Mental Health Experiences 47
J Want to know its normal Mental Health Experiences 2
Fairy Lucretia what is normal anyway? Mental Health Experiences 6
bert tomato God wants a normal life Mental Health Experiences 5
B Is this normal? Mental Health Experiences 10
M Is this a normal Mental Health Experiences 7