• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Well, hey there

elastico

elastico

So.. My name is Rowan, and I'm 17.

I've been experiencing anxiety problems (among other things) for several years now, only recently they have gotten worse. It took a psycological crisis, so to speak, before I sought any help for it. This was a few days ago.

I get panic attacks sometimes and often feel anxious- I feel like a failure to the people around me, that they think I'm weird and socially defunct. I don't know if that is what they think, but I feel like I'm perceived that way. Sometimes when I explain things, like an opinion, that seems to make perfect sense in my mind, I can't say it in a way that it makes sense to other people.

I feel like my thoughts are jumbled and make no sense. I want my thoughts to be easy to understand, with clear connections with each other, but they confuse and upset me because they are all connected and make no sense to me, like they are jumbled and disorganised. Sorta like a busy, bustling, confusing city; all the roads connecting, with lots of traffic. It's the only way I feel like I can explain it.

I forget things all the time, I forget to wash, to do things for myself. and when I finally do remember to do them, I have absolutely no motivation to do anything good for myself. I sometimes can just spend whole days sitting on my bed and feeling blank, but not completely blank. Although, whenever I do feel blank, there's still a loud incoherent buzz from the back of my mind.

And most of the time, I cannot concentrate on anything going on. Unless I'm really determined to do it straight away. But even then, it can take me hours to write a short email, because partly I get distracted quickly and because I am anxious that it looks or sounds weird to other people.

If any of that makes any sense. I'm currently waiting to see a pyschiatrist on monday, who is referring me to another service. The only thing I'm going to get my hopes up for is that there is a name for what I feel like. I just want some kind of identity, I guess.

I guess, my main reason for coming here is because I want to find out how other people cope with similar feelings as me, I want to learn and become friends with similar-minded people. I hate feeling like there is no way out. I want to be able to deal with the way I feel!

Sorry that was such a serious introduction XD! Nice to speak to you all, in advance :D

sallyG

sallyG

welcome to the forum..i hope you find it useful here..everyone os very friendly so take your time in getting to know us..lots of us have started journals which i find theraputic for me..might be an idea for you..
anyways..:welcome:

elastico

elastico

Thank you for the warm welcome :D I appreciate it! :grouphug:

sallyG

sallyG

your welcome..how are you feeling today..?..good or bad day?.x

elastico

elastico

Ehh, sort of neither. I just feel sorta blank today. Not really feeling anything today. So, a good-ish day. Not feeling manic so that's good :D

A

Ainsworth

:welcome: to the forum, please take a seat, refreshments will be served with caring conversation and if your lucky you will end up having a laugh in the chill out section :D

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

hi elastico,eat lots of fruit & veg if you do not.

since i have been eatting lots more fruit & veg my thinking has become much more clearer.

also try cut your tea,coffee & cola intake down,this has helped me out with my anxiety problems.

all the best to you mate (y)

elastico

elastico

Thank you for your advice!

I've had massive problems with caffeine in the past. If I have energy drinks, or coffee I get really bad panic attacks. I tend to stay away from caffeine as much as poss. I normally drink fruit tea and juices instead. I do occasionally indulge in chocolate though- I do love chocolate. And even more occasionally I drink normal tea. Only if we've run out of fruit tea, though.

I try and eat fruit and veg! I drink a lot of fruit juices, and always try to include vegetables in my meals! :)

But you are right, when I ate worse and had lots of caffeine I did feel really really rubbish!

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

yer them energy drinks send me off my rocker elastico,they turn me into a nervous wreck :eek:

get well soon ;)

Last edited:
Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi Elastico,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it a really useful place. There are a great bunch of members who are ready to give really good support and advice.

Keep posting and take care

Jo X

Spaceman

Spaceman

Hi Elastico

Welcome to the forum

I hope you enjoy it, I know I am

Everyone seems friendly and helpful

Take Care

Spaceman