• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Welcome to the the coffee shop. Have a seat

D

Dichoso

Here is a thread to chat about anything that pops into our heads. Say anything you feel the need to say, and you don't have to explain it.

--

It'll be okay, I promise. It'll be okay.

--

Solace

P

Paul

Here are some fun and random questions taken from the Mental Health Forum website (a sister site to our own) check the forum out here

1. how was your weekend?

2. when did you last receive a letter that wasnt a bill, or an appointment, or junk?

3. last thing you shopped for online?

4. last book you read?

5. whats the nearest red thing to you ?

6. are you wearing socks? if so what colour?

7. can you play a musical instrument?

8. takeaway.. indian, chinese, fish n chips, something else?

9. last song you sang outloud?

10. tea or coffee?

D

Dichoso

1. how was your weekend? Lemme think a moment, i've forgotten what my weekend was. Oh yes, I remember my weekend was noisy.

2. when did you last receive a letter that wasnt a bill, or an appointment, or junk? Too long ago. A year?

3. last thing you shopped for online? Boots.

4. last book you read? A novel.

5. whats the nearest red thing to you ? The fabric for my next sewing project.

6. are you wearing socks? if so what colour? Nope.

7. can you play a musical instrument? The Piano.

8. takeaway.. indian, chinese, fish n chips, something else? Chinese.

9. last song you sang outloud? An hour ago.

10. tea or coffee? def. Tea.

L

Lou

No coffee!!!!
Cats or dogs? - dogs everytime, actually arguing about the merits of cats and dogs is a distraction for me with a mate, once did it for 5 hours!

L

Lily may

1. how was your weekend? cold and busy!

2. when did you last receive a letter that wasnt a bill, or an appointment, or junk? erm? at least two years ago

3. last thing you shopped for online? cd's

4. last book you read? Witches abroad by Terry Pratchett

5. whats the nearest red thing to you ? my socks

6. are you wearing socks? if so what colour? oh, red lol

7. can you play a musical instrument? several, violin mainly

8. takeaway.. indian, chinese, fish n chips, something else? dont eat takeaway but i do love making egg fried rice, does that count?

9. last song you sang outloud? Weeknesses by Blue october, (about ten mins ago)

10. tea or coffee? coffee!

D

Dichoso

Here are some reasons why I like my job.

the atmosphere is energetic in a quiet way.
it's full of used books
my employers are nice
it's low stress cuz I work only 3 hours a week
the customers are nice
I usually can get my voices to leave me alone while I work.
there is a security feeling in having more than one copy of a book on the shelf.

Those are the reasons why I am going to be glad about going to work today. I have to spend my time somewhere, and I only work once a week. I should have no trouble going happily.

*is trying to convince self*

-Solace

S

Sue

1. how was your weekend? Quiet but OK

2. when did you last receive a letter that wasnt a bill, or an appointment, or junk? My birthday (cards)

3. last thing you shopped for online? Books

4. last book you read? Madmen by Roy Porter (still struggling thru it!)

5. whats the nearest red thing to you ? A book

6. are you wearing socks? if so what colour? yes black ones with blue toes

7. can you play a musical instrument? No (Tone deaf and lazy)

8. takeaway.. Indian, Chinese, fish and chips, something else? Chinese

9. last song you sang out loud? Fly me to the Moon (badly see above)

10. tea or coffee? Coffee all the time (and too much)

Sue

F

fergie1535

Hello all
I am fergie I am knew here but thought I would drop in to see what it is all about. I am 63 and have been hearing voices all my life. So I am not new this game. That is what it is a game for them. Anyway just wanted to drop in and read the mail.
Fergie

D

Dichoso

Hello & welcome, fergie.

I have soup on in the other room. One day I hope to start a restaurant.

D

Dichoso

I will be 17 the end of this month, and have been hearing voices for over two years.

I try to get along with my voices. It makes life a little bit easier when we do.

F

fergie1535

Good morning to you all. I just finished breakfast and am in a good mood. The voices are not to bad this morning. I have been getting some help with them I pray for god to interceed and he has to a degree. I can still hear them but they are faint. I can still feel them to. I hope everyone is well this morning. It is 330 now and I am just getting up and finishing breakfast. Well just wanted to check in and read the new posts I hope you all have a good day.
Fergie

D

dodecahedron

Whew...Funny how many hours I've spent in coffee shops in recent years. Recently I go almost daily and stay for about an hour just reading the paper or a book that I bring. No one much seems to pay attention to me, and I divide my attention between the voices of the real people and my reading. This might not seem like much of a social life, but it really isn't horrible.

D

Dichoso

I spend hours in coffee shops with my mom, most recently to plan and write the novel i'm working on.

It doesnt' sound like much fun either but it really is nice.

D

dodecahedron

Moments of happiness arrive even in such passive situations. Recently at the cafe another regular customer there was working on a study guide for the graduate school exam maths. She was having trouble and asked another for help, but to no avail. In listening to the conversation I softly interjected that I could help. The student approached me and we worked through a few problems together successfully, although nervously for me, being out of practice, and she resumed working on her own. What pleases me about this, in spite of tutoring for free, is to have witnessed her astonishment. I could laugh to myself about it later, even with her happening to be in medicine by trade, that I might be crazy but I'm not stupid. ;-)

K

Kate

Coffee - decaff and milky
Seat - A sofa to stretch out on and pull a warm duvet over myself