Welcome Kiwis!

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey kxpower and welcome to the forums *waves*
Ks

megirl

megirl

Shame not many NZers here but anyway hope things change....
Havnt actually if any sites like this in NZ sad maybe one day???

mischief

mischief

Admin
I'm surprised with how many there actually are. We're building up a few members now if you look in some of the other threads in this section.

C

captive

Initial Message

Thanks for starting it.

I registered nz forums com or similar but without advertising it is unlikely to succeed.

I might ask this sites manager if they can take over nz forums com or similar and let me help with some of the forum categorization [I have savant syndrome at sorting as diagnosed by an Australian doctor, a New Zealand doctor diagnosed me also as having savant syndrome in budgeting]

If you want advice here you will get advice from here.
If you want advice from a doctor, you will get left overs of science facts
If you want science facts try 'US National Library of Medicine'

It doesn't mean you will understand from one article.
Some reasonableUndurstanding may come from 500-1500 articles at about 15 minutes each.

Have you ever been to school and seen how much more you understood when you left school than when you were at kindergarden?

Mental Health Default - Specific to Person Statement:

Often Environment is overlooked. What would you define your environment factors as?

What would you define about factors of yourself?

Please note to start with: Good advice can fix many things. I remember telling someone with bipolar that if they were given the right support they could be playing their own sort of orchastera

Mental Health Default - General Start Statement:

Preface: Please don't say names. I also suffer from mental illness and would like my issues seperate from me.

What is the labelled illnesses? I actually labelled illnesses because In the US National Library of Medicine it says Mental Health Diagnosis is 60% of the time in research cases wrong

There could be groups here:

What was the knowledge situation?

What was the emotional situation around the knowledge?

Without assuming what he thinks What sort of things does he usually like to think?

I myself, i admit to it, have aspergers and schizophrenia / disorganized thought. I have been in the mental health system over 20 years, 5 years of hospital experience and am said to have reasonably good reasoning skills. That doesn't mean however I have standard medical training and can only contribute experiences and information I have outside of clinical although as above you probably weren't aware 60% of diagnosises were incorrect in USA Studies.

mischief

mischief

Admin
Kia ora Captive

Welcome to our forum :welcome:

What do you think of the MH services in NZ?

C

captive

1 line summary?

Not much different than Australia.
1 line summary? people aren't informed of facts / scientific facts

M

missme

I found my local mental health very supportive but to begin with it was really useless

K

Kerri

Kia Ora guys!! I have been very fortunate with my support from the MH team in my area, but in saying that i can see how some people dont get what they need.
1 line...
Need help/ask/need more resources

E

Eustace

Maybe it's a good thing for the Kiwis if there is little demand for forums like this?

mischief

mischief

Admin
Good to see a fellow kiwis here @missme @Kerri

Do you think the new Wellbeing budget will make a difference to people? A lot of money is being invested in support/services around mental health issues.

K

Kerri

Hey! I really hopeso! Sounds like they are finally putting the money into the right areas. Hopefully they can come up with some sustainable policies and frameworks or programs. My concern is whether it's easily accessible to those who may not be so proactive or have the required skills or tools to reach out.
Thinking positively tho 😁. I've been very fortunate so far with my help and support from the mental health system

M

missme

Well I also hope so. But I'm quite sad that they have 70-50 vote in favor of the end of life choice bill