Weird, very short panic attacks

S

Secornie

Hi there,
I am new here and I hope I am posting this in the correct category.
So recently I have been getting really weird and short panic attack like symptoms. They get triggered by seeing big numbers in a specific context. As an example, I just scrolled through my YouTube recommended page and saw a video that was titled someting like "27000 reasons to [dont remember the rest]". Seeing that then makes me think like how big that is, how long it would take to actually list that many reasons etc. I then get a really short burst of something that feels very similar to a panic attack. Then I realize that I'm having a weird panic attack and just kinda snap out of it by instinctively taking a huge and loud breath in through my mouth. Then the panic attack is pretty much gone, I am just a little confused after.
Apart from that I usually only get panic attacks when I am sick, mostly when I am having a fever. They are usually very sudden in the middle of the night.
I am aware that this forum isn't a substitute to seeking professional help, but I just wanted to see if maybe this is common for people with an anxiety/panic disorder. Your help and advice is very appreciated :).

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Try googling calming breathing exercises, this will help when your having a panic attack.
Therapy might help you like CBT cognitive behavioural therapy, hope they stop really soon for you.
Do let us know how you are.
Take care

Last edited:
K

kvolm2016

Hello and welcome! Sorry that you are having this new experience. It can definitely be a bit scary and also frustrating to discover a new trigger. Great to hear that you already instinctively know how to use your breathing as a control mechanism. Do you feel like there is any underlying stress or something causing anxiety in your daily life right now, something that might cause a new trigger to surface?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bippie71 Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1