• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

weird question

G

gemma

so i have a voice i hear bla bla bla bla

just wondered if anyone smells or tastes things too?

i always taste cigrattes in my mouth, i know you might ask perhaps i have poor oral hygeine but i am up to date with that. its all very odd I wondered if its possibley connected to my psychosis.

P

poomah

mad one

I've never heard of that although I was on meds once that made things taste diffrently.

Diffently my girlfriend say that it can be also explained by having a spirit or ghost around you so if your in to that kind of thing maybe check that out.

Have you ever smoked in the past?

G

gemma

hey thanks for your reply.

yeah smoked just as a young teenager though, nothing heavy.

anyway its weird :)

S

skyblue

I have this too - Sometimes I tend to smell really bad smells when I'm lying in bed.. (but I usually put it down to my partner or the cats).

G

gemma

no skyblue i think there's something in this.

i find it quite interesting really because i know theres no way my mouth can taste of cigarettes usually.

going to be keeping an eye on it and see when it occurs, it doesnt bother me like my other symptoms do its just unpleasant.

S

skyblue

no skyblue i think there's something in this.

i find it quite interesting really because i know theres no way my mouth can taste of cigarettes usually.

going to be keeping an eye on it and see when it occurs, it doesnt bother me like my other symptoms do its just unpleasant.
Yes, fair enough Gemma. I wasn't making fun of your situation, just mine. I too think there maybe something in this for myself, only I have too many other priority problems on my mind.

I hope things get sorted for you. x

A

abcdteacher

Weird Question

I was very interested in your problem, because few years back I thought I could smell something burning, or at other times, I could smell roses.

I insisted on have X-rays, because I thought I had a brain tumor.
Nothing, but those of us that have had malignancies always worry.
I haven't experienced this in a very long time, at least five years now.

However, I for the past three months I heard a dog"s bark, usually with my right ear. It was real enough that I immediately checked that it was not my own two dogs making noise, but they are always asleep.
I was spooked, I admit, but I don't think my house is haunted!

It was because of this infrquent auditory hallucination that I tried to find something on the internet, and came across this web site.

Be sure you mention Your problem to your doctor. He might want to run some tests.

cdteacher

G

gemma

hey skyblue, very much aware you weren't making fun dont worry :D

abc thansk for your input I think im physicaly fine but your right, its better to be safe than sorry, thank you

parker

parker

I use to get weird smells roses , perfume and very very strong body odor but paralisis usually was associated with the body odor. I'm a blue collar worker so i've worked around a few strong smelling people, this was nothing like that.

S

starfish

wierd hallucinations

do you get migrains? i do and occaisionally smell things like burning,which are part of the aura you get before the headache starts.

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

How strange is this ? i can think of a smell,any smell & make myself smell it as if it was right under my nose for real.

when i tell people this they say they do not know what i am going on about,it's very strange :confused:,can anybody ealse here do what i can do ?

i have always been able to do this as far back as i can remember.