Weird morning dreams whilst half-awake

K

Kepler1000

Hi - I'm new to this site and would appreciate help. In the mornings, I will lay there half-awake and I keep having small snapshot type dreams when I'm awake. I've had a look on the net and I've seen there I some kind of condition whereby such things can happen but they refer more to shapes. Mine are proper dreams and I keep opening my eyes to stop them. It's very distressing and stops me falling back to sleep when I'm very tired from a bad night's sleep. Does anybody have this? I should also say that I've tended to self-medicate with alcohol and it's worse when I'm coming off of it - but it can also occur when I do drink. I don't know if it's drink-related or more anxiety or a mixture of both. It kinda makes you feel like you're going mad and I really don't like it.

frogsplash

frogsplash

hello this sounds like REM rebound is occurring. i would recommend watching the joe rogan and matthew walker (Professor of Neuroscience and Psychology) interview on youtube (the link is below)... to understand more about what this all means and should give you the information you need to overcome this issue you are having.
Joe Rogan Experience #1109 - Matthew Walker

K

Kepler1000

hello this sounds like REM rebound is occurring. i would recommend watching the joe rogan and matthew walker (Professor of Neuroscience and Psychology) interview on youtube (the link is below)... to understand more about what this all means and should give you the information you need to overcome this issue you are having.
Thank you very much - will do so

K

Kepler1000

Thanks again - that answered my question and put my mind at rest - much appreciated!