• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Weird little problem, intrigued by the cause.

E

emanresu

I know this may sound stupid but i'm wondering what could be the cause of this problem, is it easily mistaken? or is it a tell-tail sign of a problem either mentally or with my eye-sight? I'm intrigued by it.

I kept reading this name as "Donakl" as i was just browsing facebook, and i kept kicking myself thinking what the heck? Have they spelled there name wrong or something it should be "Donald", so i blinked a few times and eventually it appeared as "Donald" to me. So i did some testing, looking through one eye at a time and the same would happen. I decided to sit up and have the word directly/below my eyes and i would read it fine in most cases. So it mostly occurs when my eyes are looking upwards. I had an eye-sight test done 7 months ago and everything was fine. What could be causing this? tiredness? stress? could my eyes of deteriorated since my last eye test? maybe a mental problem? or some other diagnosis?

My career relies on me paying attention to detail, so i'd really like to figure this out.

PS: No it wasn't an animated image to trick people hehe, it was plain ASCII text displayed using a generic truetype font on a CRT Monitor.

I'd appreciate your opinions.

Many Thanks.

Last edited:
unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
First things first I think. Go to your doctor and tell them what happened. I would imagine that they'll send you for another eye test but at least it will get the ball rolling.