• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Weird headaches

sami

sami

Hi! i wanted to know if someone goes trought the same symptoms. Sometimes i got a headache in one side of the head (usually the left) that even spreads to my eye, making it feel weird, like a heavy feeling. i also feel like one side of my face is asleep. I had these symptoms before but i can't help to worry about it anyways :(

Passionflower

Passionflower

One sided headaches that go into your eye are usually migraines. I get them left sided too.

sami

sami

One sided headaches that go into your eye are usually migraines. I get them left sided too.
thank you for the reply! what do you usually do to get rid of them, if you don't mind me asking? i take paracetamol but sometimes to ache comes back again later

J

jamraspberry

thank you for the reply! what do you usually do to get rid of them, if you don't mind me asking? i take paracetamol but sometimes to ache comes back again later
Same here, medical staff told me take paracetamol.
Do you get chronic migraines everyday?

Passionflower

Passionflower

I take pregabalin as a preventative and it also helps with pain on the odd occasion I still get them. Pregabalin has been my saviour as I was a slave to my migraines before I took it.

miss_sensitivity

miss_sensitivity

I don't know if this works for everyone, but if I have a headache like that and I catch it early, an ice pack on the forehead with a heat pack on the back of the neck at the same time really helps to alleviate the pain/tension.

sami

sami

Same here, medical staff told me take paracetamol.
Do you get chronic migraines everyday?
I used to, but now they appear with least frequency. When it happens it usually is on the left side and hurts for almost all day. Paracetamol is the only thing i feel safe to take because am also taking ansiolitics and escitalopram

sami

sami

I take pregabalin as a preventative and it also helps with pain on the odd occasion I still get them. Pregabalin has been my saviour as I was a slave to my migraines before I took it.
Thank you! i"ll ask my doctor if i can take pregabalin too as a preventive. Thanks a lot for the help! :D

sami

sami

I don't know if this works for everyone, but if I have a headache like that and I catch it early, an ice pack on the forehead with a heat pack on the back of the neck at the same time really helps to alleviate the pain/tension.
Thank you! i have heard about using ice packs but never tried before, so am gonna do it and see how it goes : D

J

jamraspberry

I used to, but now they appear with least frequency. When it happens it usually is on the left side and hurts for almost all day. Paracetamol is the only thing i feel safe to take because am also taking ansiolitics and escitalopram
My migraines are usually on the forehead, my left and right side. The migraines also go to my eyes, my eyes get painful. The only way I can describe the pain is like getting a brick thrown on my head daily (God forbid!) , it's painful!! Sometimes the pain is so bad it affects my speech. I almost fainted on many occasions.

Yes I only take paracetamol too because the medical team advised this.

sami

sami

My migraines are usually on the forehead, my left and right side. The migraines also go to my eyes, my eyes get painful. The only way I can describe the pain is like getting a brick thrown on my head daily (God forbid!) , it's painful!! Sometimes the pain is so bad it affects my speech. I almost fainted on many occasions.

Yes I only take paracetamol too because the medical team advised this.
Am sorry to heard that they are that bad, the feeling of fainting is the worst, and very scary too. I had an appointment today with my doctor and he told me to keep using paracetamol for the pain, just in a higher dose. Hope everything goes well for you!

B

bebernipes

As some here have said, these symptoms sound like migraine. When you have the opportunity to go for a check-up, discuss this with your doctor so that he can reassure you about this as well. Well, what I do when I get really bad headaches is drink a very concentrated cup of coffee and lie down with the lights off and a cold cloth over my eyes. It's a relief for me.