• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Weight management support group

A

archeryaddict

So it turns out I suck at motivation. But the one things that actually gets me working on something is the fear of letting down other people. The only way I've managed to get on top of my weight before was having weekly meetings/check ins with people, and supporting each other through.

I have a friend who has mentioned having a skype chat/messaging thing once a week for weigh in and chatting about how food that week has been, but feel it would be a bit much with just them being all "FOCUS ON HER AND ASK EVERYTHING"

Sooooo. I wondered if anyone would want to join me?

In the past couple of years I've put on over 5 stone, which is what I need to lose.

(I apologise if this isn't allowed, I read the rules but couldn't see anything where it wouldn't be allowed, please be nice about it it's taken so much to be able to actually post this)

V

Verity

I think that this is a great idea! :clap: How would it work? A weekly chat? Or via the forum?

A

archeryaddict

When I asked some friends to do it with me, I said about skype because they all already have my skype etc. But no one really jumped at the wanting to actually do it.

But in terms of with people from here, I hadn't thought that far ahead! I've just been psyching myself up to ask! Any suggestions?

V

Verity

I'm taking a break from the forum as of tomorrow, but I would be happy to exchange emails if you feel comfortable doing this? No pressure :)

A

archeryaddict

just thought I'd bump this as it's the new year, and V I will be emailig you soon! (blame family)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Weight Management Health and Wellbeing 2
N Weight Loss Health and Wellbeing 1
Linda1989 How to be consistent with losing weight? Health and Wellbeing 10
OmniscientNihilist Using music to lose weight... Health and Wellbeing 20
P PCOS, weight gain, hirsutism Health and Wellbeing 33
S How to maintain weight with mental issue Health and Wellbeing 2
Hopeful313 Has anyone gained weight while on Escitalopram? Health and Wellbeing 4
R Anyone here had weight loss success whilst on antipsychotics? Health and Wellbeing 7
S Anxiety about weight loss and being healthier Health and Wellbeing 3
F Blood pressure and weight check Health and Wellbeing 8
N Maintaining and Improving Weight Loss Programming Health and Wellbeing 35
H How does one lose weight Health and Wellbeing 7
valleygirl Once Again Trying to Lose Quetiapine Weight Health and Wellbeing 12
R_Sxo How to Lose Weight! <3 Health and Wellbeing 1040
N Need some guidance with weight loss. Health and Wellbeing 14
C Weight loss tips for Executive Dysfunction Health and Wellbeing 2
I Weight blues Health and Wellbeing 4
I Medication and weight gain Health and Wellbeing 20
L Weight Loss Tips Health and Wellbeing 81
F Losing weight-the need for good sleep Health and Wellbeing 2
Poppy12 Losing weight on psych meds - an uphill struggle! Health and Wellbeing 5
F Slow progress- weight loss Health and Wellbeing 6
J I want to lose weight Health and Wellbeing 4
shaky Losing weight - with no meds Health and Wellbeing 22
krista what would you recommend for losing weight? Health and Wellbeing 8
M not loosing weight Health and Wellbeing 8
lupinerainbow Weight gain Health and Wellbeing 1
A Daily/weekly encouragement to exercise thread for those with weight to lose Health and Wellbeing 586
J online reputation management + creating e magazine [poker, mathematics, e-sports or other topic ] Health and Wellbeing 2
rache Anger Management Techniques Health and Wellbeing 1
rache short term management Health and Wellbeing 4
N Encouragement, Support, and Tips, for those fellow or new posters who have Psorasis Health and Wellbeing 3
Nikita Support thread over Christmas for those struggling with their wellbeing,to talk and be listened to. Health and Wellbeing 5
Nikita Cancer-hysterectomy-please support me. Health and Wellbeing 128
R Sorry can't support others currently absolutely exhausted Health and Wellbeing 12
U i stopped smoking today, an need support please. Health and Wellbeing 26