• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Weight loss thread w/b 19 feb

T

TOONAFISH

Hi people :)

Skyblues idea for this is fab. I have just started a new job so havent been on for a wee while. However i am happy to report i have lost 5lb.

I have been following weight watchers without going to the weigh in as it is a fiver i havnet got. I have been running 5k 3 times a week and going to two classes at the sports centre.

Hoping to lose 1/2 stone in 4 weeks as my friend announced last week that she was getting married to her boyfriend from turkey all a shocker but a happy one.

How is everyone else getting on?? Anyone managing to get some excercise in?

:grouphug:

S

skyblue

5 Ibs - That's excellent work Toona :clap:.

Unfortunately, I can't run, I have damaged ankles. I used to be a pro gymnast many moons ago and since then my joints/Cartilage in my ankles have been very weak and they swell up if too much pressure is put on them, they can really hurt.

For cardio work I have to use the Cross Trainer, Rowing Machine and Bike.

I also try and mix the Aerobic classes for a variation; Body Pump, Circuit, Legs, bums and Tums, Combat etc and I swim too.

Since having my daughter, I haven't been able to shift the weight and I find that I really have to work hard now that I'm in my 30's :eek:. I was ok after baby No 1, but not No 2:unsure:. Now that she'll be 8yrs this year, there really isn't any excuses !!:rolleyes:

Just to clarify - Are we going to make our weight loss announcements on a thread for each week like you've done here ? I guess it does make things easier and people can look it up more easily.

Take it easy and keep up the good work.
:flowers:

Oh - Forgot to mention, just a 1Ib off me this week.

T

TOONAFISH

Hi Skyblue

well done on your 1lb off this week. i lost a 1lb this week too. was really good all week, then yesterday a house move fell through and i had a bar of caramel. oh it was delicious, so much better when you dont have it all the time.

we can have a weekly thread if you like. mite be a bit easier for people to post on.

looks like there are a few others doing it so be good to see how everyone is doing.

i was going to go back to pump on thur but have a appoint, so running instead. goin out this sat too so doubt i will lose next week but hey ho.

keep it going!!! we will be size 10 in no time lol:p

emski

emski

Are we posting on this thread and skyblues? I don't mind whetever is easiest.

Well done to you both! :clap:

I lost 3lb this week, but I had gained 2lb last week, so 1lb really... since New Year that makes it a total of 1st 1lb for me, but I've just under 2st more to lose before the end of May (skyblue I think you asked in the other thread was I losing it for a weddin. Yes, but not mine - are you?)

(y)

S

skyblue

You've started a new job and you're looking to move home too. You've been busy !!

What do you do for work ? Funny enough, I'd love to become a Fitness Instructor - Secretly that's what I'm trying to aim for, I have a lot of work cut out ! Lol. I should've done this ages ago, but all the partying got in the way :rolleyes:.

Oh damn, forgotten this thread is for recording our weight losses, I'm talking too much !

T

TOONAFISH

sorry, have i just confused the matter lol

jsut thot a fresh thread every week??

well done on your loss. so we all lost a lb. well done us

im hungry tonite and have nothing i fancy except sugar free jelly, hardly a double decker tho is it:LOL:

S

skyblue

Oh, Emski - My mums wedding and I'm really dreading it !! Just not keen on who she is marrying - another story :rolleyes:.

emski

emski

Weekly thread sounds good, even if it's recording weight changes and talking about it :)

Skyblue, I had the most paranoid 5 minutes there when I imagined we were going to the same wedding and we were actually extended family but neither of us knew about the others experiences. Lol I'm a silly Emski sometimes!

So hooray we all lost a pound :clap:

I'm going for a swim on Thursday :woohoo:

Sugarfree jelly is the key :D

T

TOONAFISH

sky - i have always been an office/ accounts assistant, but after being in hospital a few times, i thot about care work, maybe doing my nursing. i have thot about nursing quite a bit but shift work isnt advised for bi polar is it. i have been volunteering at a nursing home and managed to wangle a job! doing one shift a week for a few weeks then doing on average 3 shifts a week.

house move - was hoping to rent a place with the view to buy in a year when we can finally get a mortgage but the boy backed out at the last minute. was gutted crying for hours. over it now tho. never mind. x

yourmum is gettin married! wow are you bridesmaid

S

skyblue

Emski - Ha ha - I was thinking exactly the same thing !! Spooky ;)

S

skyblue

sky - i have always been an office/ accounts assistant, but after being in hospital a few times, i thot about care work, maybe doing my nursing. i have thot about nursing quite a bit but shift work isnt advised for bi polar is it. i have been volunteering at a nursing home and managed to wangle a job! doing one shift a week for a few weeks then doing on average 3 shifts a week.

house move - was hoping to rent a place with the view to buy in a year when we can finally get a mortgage but the boy backed out at the last minute. was gutted crying for hours. over it now tho. never mind. x

yourmum is gettin married! wow are you bridesmaid
Sorry to hear about the fall through with the home you were after.

No - I'm not bridesmaid, thank goodness Lol. It's going to be in a reception office. I'm dreading it, I really am. I'm not keen on her Fiance and I really have to bite my tongue with the comments he comes out with, the least time I spend around him the better. Shame, we don't get on, ...but hey ho.

emski

emski

Toona well done on the job front, sorry about the house falling through. I've just started my nurse training, after working as a support worker for a few months - inspired by some of the nurses who have helped me. I used to work in an office environment and it just wasn't right for me.

Spooky or what skyblue! ;) It's a shame for you and your mum that you don't get on with her fiance, but good for you having a more relaxed attitude to it - we can't get on with everyone, nor should we!

coldwater00

coldwater00

Old thread I know but I think we should restart it!

Have lost 4 and half stone in the past 8 months. Woo

Feel so much happier.

Still think I need to lose a stone but I'm pretty much back to a normal healthy weight for my height (I'm 6 ft 1 and female)

People are complimenting me and today got called slim :D - first time in a long time.

I used to be really skinny before I went into hospital (probably too skinny - all my bones were sticking out) and it was horrible gaining all that weight. I felt like a monster.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya

would you consider making a new thread? Anyway, I am pleased for you to lose weight, if that is done healthily. I have given up on mine. I am concentrating more on the bipolar at the moment. Did you put on weight because of the bipolar meds? I think I did.

coldwater00

coldwater00

Yeah I put on weight because the meds all increased my appetite to a huge degree and also the stress of being inpatient made me overly - emotional and want to eat all the time.

the drugs were (Quetiapine, Olanzapine, Amisulpride, Clopixol, Clozapine, Risperidone, Lithium, Depakote, Venlafaxine)......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AngelBlooming Bipolar Forum 10
JessisMe Bipolar Forum 14
H Bipolar Forum 16
D Bipolar Forum 1
D Bipolar Forum 8