• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Weight loss and seroquel

K

Katie84

Well i dunno how i have lost the weight but i have lost 24lbs :D in 3 weeks!!! one notch on my belt loop (moving more and eating less and not eating after 7pm) seems to really work!

I have lost the weight i put on from being on Seroquel but still have another 4 stone to get to what i was when i met OH, which is still over weight but im getting there, dr says another 3 stone after my goal and i am healthy (10 stone 7lbs) i havent been that since i was 16 before BP kicked in, so i doubt ill get there!

I think we should have a sticky for loosing weight and cheer each other on, share hints and tips too :)

Anyone else?

S

skyblue

I'm taking Seroquel right now, it seems to kind of work for the depression side of bipolar, but of course we need to make most of the effort, it doesn't help having quite a bit of stress in my life at the moment. Luckily I haven't noticed any weight gain with this med and I hope it stays this way.

I've recently joined Slimming World and lost 3Ibs in my 1st week. This is my 2nd week and so I hope to be loosing some more.

I've put on an astonishing 4 stones in the past few years and I look absolutely awful. I part blame the med's I was previously on, but I will be honest and say I wasn't exactly eating much of a healthy diet at the time either.

24Ibs in 3 weeks, that's close to 2 stones ! Which med's are you currently taking now and what do you do for exercise ?

I've also recently joined back up at the gym and have managed to attend 2 classes this week. I hope to go Spinning class tomorrow morning, but it's a bit touch and go at the moment, I'm under a lot of stress and I can't sleep very well, my minds racing and it's really getting me down.

I know exercise really helps and I really should just get out there and do it no matter what. It helps clear my mind alittle and I really need to relax right now.
Infact talking about exercise, I'm looking at the time and thinking I should attend this evenings Body Pump Class at 8:30, I think i'll go for it.

Having read about afew guys here recently wanting to loose weight and it seems to be a huge issue regarding med and weight gain, I think it'll be a great and positive idea to share hints and tips as a sticky.

Anyone else ?

:grouphug:

K

Katie84

I dont do exercise just move more, walk a little more help FIL out moving stuff being a GoFor with my OH as he rewires his sisters house and it seems to fall off me plus i eat stuff like home made stew, soups all sorts mmmmmm :)

S

skyblue

Well, I made the Body Pump Class and blimey it was hard work ! But i'm feeling much better for it.

I was feeling so stressed beforehand with a banging headache and feeling low (another bad day) my bro's constantly being harrassed by somebody, police are involved and I don't even want to go into detail but things are going to Crown Court and it's all a mess,...anyway I'm so glad I went out to exercise class this evening, my head feels clear and I feel much brighter. Now that I'm back home I feel like doing some more. I find that exercise can be addictive - it's just hard to get started sometimes.

Keep up the good work !

K

Katie84

Thanks i think i am too overweight at the minute to go to an exercise class, might do when i am slimmer (hopefully) glad u feel better i am starting to get tired and due to take my meds so will be off in the land of zzzzzzzz soon, glad other people are loosing weight on Seroquel and other BP meds too, hopefully we all can keep it up!

S

skyblue

Thanks i think i am too overweight at the minute to go to an exercise class, might do when i am slimmer (hopefully) glad u feel better i am starting to get tired and due to take my meds so will be off in the land of zzzzzzzz soon, glad other people are loosing weight on Seroquel and other BP meds too, hopefully we all can keep it up!
Ohhhh,.. you're never too overweight to start exercising, you should see the size of me !

Yep, it's made me feel so much better, I may even go to Circuit Training in the morning, that'll be 4 classes attended for this week.

The only thing with Seroquel I find is that it doesn't seem to help me sleep, it did at first but now I'm used to it, it doesn't work. I really need some sleeping tab's at the mo, I just haven't had the chance to get to the doc.

Although the class helped me earlier, now that i've settled down for the evening and have slowed down alittle, all the horrible thoughts are coming back and I can feel the stress over-coming me. I can't stand it, my minds racing. I can't work out if I'm becoming ill again, I do feel pretty up and down lately and my mind was playing tricks on me alittle in class (hearing voices) but I've just ignored it because now they've stopped.

I may call the doc or mht tomorrow for a bit of advice, I usually ask for help when it's too late, but I really need to stay in control.

I hate this illness so much :(

Sorry for the vent, but I've needed to talk.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AngelBlooming Bipolar Forum 10
JessisMe Bipolar Forum 14
H Bipolar Forum 16
D Bipolar Forum 1
D Bipolar Forum 8