• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Weight Gain

S

Secretj

I started antidepressants 2 years ago and since then I’ve gained 30 pounds. The weight gain started almost immediately. I’m 160 lbs now. I’ve always always been tiny and had difficulty keeping weight on. Now I’m over weight and can’t do anything about it.
I hate that the medication has done this. I take Zoloft. Doctor has just started me on Wellbutrin a month ago to help me lose weight, 150mg and it has done nothing for my weight.

jajingna

jajingna

Yeah the meds seem like they can do that. Not sure how it all works. While taking seroquel I ate lots of junk and put on weight. That craving for sweets was there. Now that I've been off meds and decided to cut down on all that lousy food the weight has come down.

S

Secretj

Yeah the meds seem like they can do that. Not sure how it all works. While taking seroquel I ate lots of junk and put on weight. That craving for sweets was there. Now that I've been off meds and decided to cut down on all that lousy food the weight has come down.
How is being off the medication going for you?

jajingna

jajingna

Guess it's been 8 months. No real problems. Change of diet helped. I was embarrassed at times with the big gut. My favorite of course was having people point it out, cause ya know, I was totally unaware of it...:rolleyes: