Weight gain

J

Jewels2818

So Ive been diagnosed with bpd, ADHD, anxiety and ptsd. They have me on Rexulti, Lexapro, Concerta and trazadone at night. I've gained 40 pounds in one year! I was thinking to ask my doctor to switch me to abilify and wellbutrin Instead of rexulti and Lexapro... Any thoughts?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I've gained loads of weight on abilify, I hope you can find medication that you won't gain weight on.
Good luck

J

Jewels2818

Then I just think I want off all those antipsychotic meds

Hairy.Mary

Hairy.Mary

All anti psychotics will gain you weight, anti depressants aren't great for it either.... maybe get some Ritalin for the adhd to help balance things out

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

How long have you been on these meds ? If you decide to stop a med, you must be careful to do it very slowly over a period of months, tapering down gradually, or you will have problems.

Hairy.Mary

Hairy.Mary

All anti psychotics will gain you weight, anti depressants aren't great for it either.... maybe get some Ritalin for the adhd to help balance things out
Looked up your drugs and tbh I'd get a review.... 3 ADs is a bit unnecessary you're not on anti psychotic and you'd do well to keep off them, especially if the weight gains bothering you already... I guess you're not uk as you are on Ritalin but under another name.
Best bet is to start paying attention to what you eat and exercise more than you currently do to aid in weight loss rather than gain

T

Tonic

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You could ask your doctor to refer you to the dietician.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Personality Disorders Forum 5