• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Weebisto

W

Weebisto

Hi all, first time here. I’m in the grips of a full blown anxiety/panic attack which is causing me to feel absolutely ill with nausea. Whole body shaking and I can’t get to sleep. What’s worse is that I’m in a hotel room with my wife - we are away for a special night together and it’s ended like this....as it did last time. I’m in utter deapair

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hello, welcome to the forums. I'm so sorry anxiety has caused you to feel absolutely miserable.

Sometimes focused breathing exercises helps me tug away my mind from the grip of anxiety and sometimes I rely on medication. Panic attacks are awful and they make me feel like I'm dying. While I know they cannot kill me, it always seems so whilst I'm immersed in one.

My anxious mind can produce body sensations and even reactions in my skin, how I wish it were not so strong. I hope your episode passes in minutes and you can get some rest.