• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Wedding day blues

lal10

lal10

Hi guys

I think i've mentioned on here somewhere that I've got a family wedding coming up that I am not looking forward to. Social anxiety overload :scared: I don't know the bride at all, the groom (my cousin) very little and none of the guests except my grandparents who I would love to see but preferably not at a large wedding! Well it was bad enough knowing I had to go but now things have taken a turn for the worst, I have an exam at uni that day (next friday) which means I can't travel there with my parents and OH I'll have to drive from Cheshire to Derby for my exam (that's bad enough as it is!) then drive from Derby to a little village outside of northampton during rush hour on the M1 on my own, first time i've driven any real distance on a motorway (I only passed my test end of october last year), and driving when I'm anxious is a massive no no, I am aware I'm a liability so never do it but have no choice now. Plus I will get there on my own, will be late for the evening do and generally rushed and stressed, if I get there at all as I have no idea where i'm going, no satnav and no one with me to navigate. I can't even bare the thought of driving there alone never mind turning up late to the party, walking in and not knowing where anyone I know is :cry: It's going to turn out one of 3 ways; I don't manage to even get there, I get there and have to try and hide the fact that i'll feel like dying or i'll end up losing it. I hope I get struck down with something contagious so I don't have to go at all!! :unsure:

pinkprincess

pinkprincess

Bless you I really do feel for you. At the moment I dread any kid of social gathering even something as simple as having friends round I try and put off but last Saturday I took the plunge and went through with it even though I really diod not want to...... I aren't going to lie and say it was the best night of my life :O) but I was proud of myself for doing it.
Good luck with your exam and the party x

lal10

lal10

Thanks pinkprincess!

Well done for being so brave!

I think I could cope better if it was just one thing at a time but as usual fate loves to stick it to me big time!! It's the thought of being away from home for the night too, if I could get it all done and go home after it would help but instead I have to attempt the journey home the next morning, just hope I'm up to it or i'll have to pull a sicky and get someone else to drive me!