• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

weary mum

W

weary mum

Hi am new and have only discovered this forum tonight. I have a 12 year old daughter who was diagnosed with CD nearly 2 years ago. This was brought on by bullying which she kept to herself. It has changed her life aswell as the whole familys'. I have not been able to work as I am her carer. Her symptoms are varied, some more severe than others. She has jerking spasms, severe back pain, paralysis of her legs, absences or times of unconciousness, aswell as depression, anxiety and anger. Quite honestly life is very unpredictable for us all. She tries to attend secondary school normally, but very stressed and tired. Sometimes she ends up not going to school for a few days to calm down again. Because of this she finds it hard to keep friendships going as her friends are always moving on.
At the beginning it all was very frightening, not knowing what was going on with our daughter. We have a very good osteopath who treats our daughter regularly to help release the stress that builds up in her body. He started treating her at the beginning for Scholiosis which is gradually subsiding as her back relaxes. We also work with a homeopath, who again is working at realeasing stress. Conventional treatment offered has been Psychtherapy which has also been successful.
At the start symptoms were very severe and disabling. Now, she still suffers some symptoms but they don't usually last very long. We have come to tolerate this way of life, but it is difficult to arrange anything when you don't know what the next day will bring. Hope this helps if this is all new to you.

D

Dollit

We do have several members with CD who talk very openly about the problems that CD brings with it. They provide one another with the support that few other can - I hope you can plug into some of that hope and encouragement.

And welcome to the forum.

W

weary mum

Hi Dollit thanks for your message, I know that it was weeks ago, but I have only just managed to get back onto forum; at the bottom of 5 people in family to use computer, and school and college work come first! Have read many communications with interest. Feel relieved to hear of other suffering with same symptoms as our daughter. No she is not imagining it, and no she is not going mad. We do have a good family psychotherapist, who is very supportive to us all. Best wishes "weary mum moving forward".