• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Wearing a mask helps

Sarah902

Sarah902

I've had severe social anxiety and I'm finding that wearing a masks helps with social interaction because my face turns red and I feel super ackward trying not to panic. Not that I wish that we had covid but atleast it makes things easier for awhile. Anyone else feel this way?

P

Purpleplum

It's helped me in a different way. Whenever someone is saying or doing something that is idiotic, I can hide that I'm about to burst out laughing.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I hate wearing a mask but I do feel less anxious wearing one. I feel like I'm hiding or not fully being seen or something. I feel I get less attention because everyone else is wearing one and we all look the same. I like it for those reasons.

hicks

hicks

Same here. I feel more relaxed behind the mask. I think we're in the minority though, actually preferring to wear a mask :)

Z

Zoe1

I've noticed some interesting things from reading peoples eyes
apparently Moslem women are known to say this
that they can read expressions from the eyes

jajingna

jajingna

I haven't noticed much difference. I think the girls at the coffee shop don't catch my words/order so easily because of the mask so I try to speak louder. Have had a tendency to mumble at times, so speaking up is not a bad thing for me.

SlowlyUnravels

SlowlyUnravels

I can sing on the street when no one is close enough to hear me! :dance:
And I tend to blush too, so if I was interacting with people it could be nice

T

troubleSome

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When I am at the grocery store muttering to myself no one can see that I'm an angry old man.

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

i hide behind my mask as people unerve me, i tend to wear shades to as i cant make eye contact,
i talk to myself al the time now so at least people cant see me doing this

Q

queerghost

I've had severe social anxiety and I'm finding that wearing a masks helps with social interaction because my face turns red and I feel super ackward trying not to panic. Not that I wish that we had covid but atleast it makes things easier for awhile. Anyone else feel this way?
Yes I completely agree masks have been helping me a lot in the rare instances I leave the house

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Social Anxiety Forum 3
Q Social Anxiety Forum 5
KyussEatsTheSun Social Anxiety Forum 13