• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Weakness (in arms and legs) and stress/anxiety

I

iyiyi

Can stress/anxiety cause weakness in the arms and legs? I've been having a severe amount of stress and anxiety the past few months and physical symptoms keep popping up (most recently a strong weakness feeling in my legs mainly, and random muscle twitching)

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi
Please see a dr it could be from a physical cause.
Sorry we can't diagnose.
Do let us know how you are
Take care

B

Blackrose09

Thank you. I will. I was just wondering if stress and anxiety can cause this
Yes, I have this and I'm sure in my case is caused by anxiety and stress.

But as mayflower said, you need to see a doctor.

I

indigo6

I get this too, I had it at the weekend when I was in a meltdown. It wasnt just a panic attack it stayed.
It has passed.

N

navhealth

Can stress/anxiety cause weakness in the arms and legs? I've been having a severe amount of stress and anxiety the past few months and physical symptoms keep popping up (most recently a strong weakness feeling in my legs mainly, and random muscle twitching)
Yes it can..I always get a numb left arm..worst place possibley could get it..which causes me to then fixate and panic why my arm is weak..after some breathing and walkinh it off it goes..going back to the gym has helped..it is less frequent now..before i use to get weakness and numbness lasting a whole day!

C

Charlene89

My thighs feel very weak this last few days. I wondered the same.

I

iyiyi

Thanks guys. Mine have felt weak for over a week now. But it seemed to start right as I was having a lot of anxiety. I am trying to see my doctor soon but was just curious if anyone else had experienced this.

Once something like this starts, I fixate and obsess over it, which I'm sure only makes it worse and makes me more aware.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Anxiety Forum 0