• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Weakness in arms and anxiety attacks

Darwin the fish

Darwin the fish

I've had a lot of disruption in my life over the last year or so, and I'm juggling so much. As well as trying to keep on top of my own mental health, I have been working from home throughout the pandemic, worrying about finances and the prospect of a very uncertain future, AND I am living with a partner also suffering with depression and possible nervous breakdown..

I am trying to stay strong, but have very little in the way of a support network at the moment and I'm crying daily when I think about what's happening.

Today after I found myself in tears again for no real reason I suddenly felt like my arms were weak and floppy. I was attempting to slice food at the time, and I became very aware of my limbs and a rush of panic came over me. Of course the panic then only made the sensation in my arms worse.. eventually, after some deep breathing and something to eat, I started to feel better.

I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Is it a symptom of a panic attack or could something more be going on?

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

I used to get so upset that my whole face would go numb. And I would throw up. Anxiety can do some very strange things. But just in case maybe you should go to your regular primary doctor and tell him about your symptoms and get a follow up.

Darwin the fish

Darwin the fish

I used to get so upset that my whole face would go numb. And I would throw up. Anxiety can do some very strange things. But just in case maybe you should go to your regular primary doctor and tell him about your symptoms and get a follow up.
My vision has been horrible for at least a week too, I don't know if that's also from the anxiety or I just need an eye test.. 😅

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Meditation for Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
Daybreak Anybody try self-message and/or essential oils for anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
D Feeling cold because of anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
H Bedridden for over a week with severe anxiety/panic post COVID infection Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
pjb15201 Increased panic and anxiety since pandemic rules lessened ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 9
T Anxiety attack experiences Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
Scg Anxiety physical symptoms Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 21
F Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
S Anxiety when circumstances suddenly change Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
S Stomach cramps with anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
S Anxiety = stomach problems and IBS Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
S Is it possible to fix this anxiety / depression? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
Tawny Helping yourself with your anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 0
MrBond007 Anxiety attacks over things that are completely normal for no reason. +Depression Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
S Tremors and muscle trembling from anxiety? Sad and scared! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Anxiety Hypochondriasis and Agoraphobia Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
R Crippling anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 47
R Severe anxiety triggered by my children’s health Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
R The Difficulties of Anxiety and Depression Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
R Anxiety through the roof Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
S Differentiating Anxiety and Attention Deficit Disorder- Inattentive Type Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
Midnight.Panda Bad anxiety about everything Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
J Who to talk to about my anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
K I feel so alone with anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
M Broken glass Anxiety, please help Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Acute anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
FloofyPuppers Pristiq for Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
dogmom Anxiety is back. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
T Abandonment issues/separation anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S Does anyone get Physical Symptoms due to anxiety. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 38
I Healthy anxiety anybody have cherry angiomas Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
Jam1990 Generalized Anxiety that leads to paranoia Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
J Am I the only one on the planet or do others also experience occasional pain in heart for a second, centre of chest with ecotpics with anxiety? ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
L Please help me, I reached breaking point again. (VERY LONG TW:ANXIETY, SUICIDE, DPD) Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
E This anxiety right now is silly Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
G I have a cure for anxiety think I can help you IMO Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 15
G Anxiety in my chest feels like a craving Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 11
Faith198 When did you realize you were suffering with anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 17
M Public speaking anxiety linked with childhood trauma? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S do i have anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A Anxiety is suffocating me... Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
S Anxiety and what it feels like to you Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
S Anxiety and eye floaters Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 34
H Anxiety ruining my days Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
D Anxiety ruining my stomach. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
E Acne due to anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
P Anxiety Disorder without feeling anxious or panic? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
A Anxiety/Corona and shopping Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
H Adult Separation Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
A Anxiety/friendships Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2