• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

we know more than the shrinks

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
We do.we suffer and experience.we take the drugs.they fuck us and exploit us.yet they know and are fascinated by it that we know too much.we are not impeded. nor do we have shrinking brains.we know too much.and it scares them.fuck em bastards are feeding off us.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

colin13502

We do.we suffer and experience.we take the drugs.they fuck us and exploit us.yet they know and are fascinated by it that we know too much.we are not retarded.nor do we have shrinking brains.we know too much.and it scares them.fuck em bastards are feeding off us.
it depends on your functioning, if you cant live on your own, hold a conversation, or dress yourself appropriately then it makes sense for the doctors to treat you like you are impeded because thats basically what you are. also for your information we do have shrinking brains, studies have found a large amount of grey matter loss in schizophrenics.

A

ashesunbroken

Therapists go to years and years of schooling, studying research and things that have been done to try and treat mental illness. What works and doesn't work. A lot of them have suffered from mental illness themselves. They care about what they are doing. They don't make a ton, they have to go through years of schooling, meaning they are in it because they care. Every therapist is different, ad maybe you haven't found the right therapist for you yet. You know more about yourself then they do, yes, but unless you have studied every piece of research and studied psychology for years and years, they probably know more about treatment and what happens in your illness than you do.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
How do you know that it isnt the drugs causing the grey matter loss?

C

colin13502

How do you know that it isnt the drugs causing the grey matter loss?
ive read that grey matter loss was just as bad in schizophrenics who never took drugs,though the antipsychotic haldol has been linked to brain matter loss but so far none of the others have.

Gajolene

Gajolene

I've also read that long term scans have shown a regrowth of grey matter in people scitzophrenia even when on meds and they still don't know if it's a naturally occuring elasticity phemonina or not yet.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
well i dont have a choice anyway so it makes little difference to me what you have read

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
it depends on your functioning, if you cant live on your own, hold a conversation, or dress yourself appropriately then it makes sense for the doctors to treat you like you are impeded because thats basically what you are.
Not really because in some cases that is caused by the medications

C

colin13502

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic here but for some people it can be, yes.
my post was not sarcastic at all, risperidone worked really good for my symptoms but at higher doses made me really sedated, anxious, apathetic, and it dulled my positive emotions so i never really felt happy or satisfied.

Gajolene

Gajolene

Wasn't well myself for a few days Colin, took a step back and gave myself a forum break till I was thinking better and able to offer some help again. JD had a couple bad days as well so was dealing with him to over not being able to get pot. We are trying to get him off it as he has no impulse control in stopping once he's started. He is trying to come off it but it's hard for him and his delusional thoughts has strange conceptions about it.

C

colin13502

Wasn't well myself for a few days Colin, took a step back and gave myself a forum break till I was thinking better and able to offer some help again. JD had a couple bad days as well so was dealing with him to over not being able to get pot. We are trying to get him off it as he has no impulse control in stopping once he's started. He is trying to come off it but it's hard for him and his delusional thoughts has strange conceptions about it. Just ignore non helpfull posts, sure admin will handle it.
sorry about JD, ive read that pot withdrawal doesnt last very long though. i smoked before i joined the army, long before i developed schizophrenia. when i quit i didnt really get any problems besides trouble sleeping but for a long time afterwards i would be sitting around bored and really *want* to smoke. when i would get that feeling i would have a strong cup of coffee and clean my room, that helped a lot.