We are told we have black/white thinking......

Pixie37

Pixie37

Thanks for the article. It all makes total sense to me.

maxitab

maxitab

Complete sense. Not sure if I am back in my own skin yet....it's taking a bit of wriggling and stretching....!

F

Freya

Must say since CBT I am sometimes able to see other than black and white....sometimes! Its certainly helped me a lot in recent years but yes...makes a lot of sense.

Andrewbpd

Andrewbpd

we can tend to think black and white and it is probably due to the hightend emotions. we will see love and the compleat opposit hate and because of the intencity its difficalt for us to see the middle ground.
so it can be a BPD trait. and before i get shot down by using the word trait, i wish to bring to your attention that the word dosnt automaticly
refer to the DSMs ect.
the word trait describes a repetative action proformed by anyone.
so you could say that one of my traits is to have a shower every monday at 10:00pm
and no this wasnt writen in word and cut across so the spelling and grammer is realy bad.

maxitab

maxitab

Trait, a characteristic or property of some object
Trait (biology), which involve genes and characteristics of organisms
Trait theory, an approach to the psychological study of personality
Trait (computer science), a model for structuring object-oriented programs
Traits class, a template class in the C++ programming language

Habit or Habits may refer to:
Habit (psychology), an acquired pattern of behavior that often occurs automatically
Drug addiction is sometimes referred to as "having a drug habit".
Habituation, non-associative learning in which there is a progressive diminution of behavioral response probability with repetition of a stimulus
Crystal habit, as it applies to the typical appearance of minerals
Religious habit, a distinctive dress worn by the members of a religious order
Riding habit, riding clothes worn for hunting or for exhibition
Habit (biology), the instinctive actions of animals and the natural tendencies or growth form of plants

I thought a repetitive action was a habit......" I have this habit of counting all the windows in a room."

"I have a trait of always counting all the windows in a room." Hmmmmm

Andrewbpd

Andrewbpd

not as comprehensive as yours but i think we are on the same wavelenght..

C

cfb107

we can tend to think black and white and it is probably due to the hightend emotions. we will see love and the compleat opposit hate and because of the intencity its difficalt for us to see the middle ground.
so it can be a BPD trait. and before i get shot down by using the word trait, i wish to bring to your attention that the word dosnt automaticly
refer to the DSMs ect.
the word trait describes a repetative action proformed by anyone.
so you could say that one of my traits is to have a shower every monday at 10:00pm
and no this wasnt writen in word and cut across so the spelling and grammer is realy bad.
Andrew, I don't like being referred to as "we". "I" am not "we", and you are not me. I am like .... and I happen to have a BPD diagnosis. You are like ... and you happen to have a BPD diagnosis. For me there is no "we" - we are not the same because we have a MH diagnosis in common.

My closest friend also has a BPD diagnosis, but we are SO different.

All my life, I have felt overlooked as an individual - I think this is common to many ppl with BPD diagnosis??-leading to loss/lack of self??

I hope this makes some sense, very tired.