• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

We Are Thinkers !!!

T

Twylight

I reckon that the proplem with medication is that it stops us thinking

I think what originally drove us Mad was too much deep thinking

When I was on 10mg of olanzepine - i couldnt think - so I used cannabis to help this
Now i'm on 6 mg i can think without cannabis - and it's wonderfull

Thinking of you all

Twylight

keepsafe

keepsafe

Great stuff Twilight - glad you can think ok now without the canabis
KS

A

Apotheosis

There is a lot of truth in this.

From a Jungian & 'alternative' perspective - a 'psychosis' or experiences of altered states are meaningful psychological processes. Jung described a psychotic break (simply) as the overwhelming of the conscious mind by the content of the unconscious. These mental states can be viewed from the perspective of being natural healing mechanisms of the mind & intrinsic to the workings of the human mind & human experience. Many alternative practitioners have focused on allowing the person to work through such states; with their faculties intact (no meds) - & to find a psychological resolution to these experiences. From this perspective; these states & experiences are not pathological at all; & nor are these disorders of the mind.

Orthodox treatment (meds) which suppress the mind; disallow this psychological healing to take place. The general reaction from society & the psychiatric industry - seeks to suppress these experiences; to control the person who is having them; & pushes the experiences deeper - such experiences are seen as meaningless & something to be gotten rid of by the establishment.

Which is the more healthy approach?, healing, helpful, holistic, beneficial & productive methods of helping those in 'psychosis' to psychologically work through such states? To give people the means to work through such things in a place of trust & safety - & to find psychological resolution to such states? Or to drug them up with powerful mind altering chemicals & to suppress how they think & feel?

My mind is made up on which approach is better.

http://spiritualrecoveries.blogspot.com/2006/05/dr-john-weir-perry-diabasis.html

http://www.dantescure.com/

http://www.moshersoteria.com/

Last edited:
J

jamesdean

When I was on 10mg of olanzepine - i couldnt think - so I used cannabis to help this
Now i'm on 6 mg i can think without cannabis - and it's wonderfull

Thinking of you all

Twylight
Thats really nice that you are thinking about us all we are thinking about you too,I love the fact that the meds stop me thinking n last night from the hours of 6.15pm until 1.15 am,someone could of danced all around me n I wouldnt even of known n if death is that good then bring it on I was completely 100% knocked out thanks to a temazepam.

dib4uk

dib4uk

When i was on anti depressants I was a bumbling idiot where I used to think tooo much, and it leaked through into conversation where I couldnt finish what I was saying, and I used to interupt people all the time.... Heavens knows what my ex class mates at my college course thought.

Now my thinking has decreassed and I'm mood staberlisers.

M

mizunderstood

Olanzapine stops me thinking AND feeling. I hate the person I am on meds (i come across as not giving a shit) but I know my life would probably be worse without them. I also smoke canabis but that makes me feel better somehow because then I can excuse any wierd thoughts/behaviours and put it down to cannabis. Blame the weed!!

guggy

guggy

I can think properly on olanzapine, not so on risperidone. Actually, I can think longer without being drained by my own thought patterns, which is the prelude to psychosis for me.