• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

we all have scars

2young2retire

we all have scars some are external and visible and some are enteral.. my external scars cover about 10% of my body at first i tried to hide them but now have learned to embrace them and even somewhat enjoy telling the story of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and getting run over. spending a month in ICU getting 4 surgeries to put metal rods and skin back on my lower leg. 2 rods and 6 screws to repair the 4 broken vertebrae. almost a year to the day we find a golfball size tumor in my head. that scar is about 6" long.. lost the hearing and function or that ear completely.. had to learn to walk for the second time in a year after that... Mayo clinic is the best. my latest scar is internal in the form of a stroke. on the boat going down the river, can't get much more stress free than that. my wife has taken over the buisness and is doing a great job with it. but this low stress life is boring

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome 🙏 what a lot to carry on your shoulders. You are so brave. I hope you enjoy the forum with the support and help you will get

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello 2young2retire, welcome to the forum.

C

charlieblack5

Wow. I’m currently depressed about a scar on my face that isn’t healing and very red. It’s causing much anxiety. Reading this... what you’ve been through... I’m so sorry. I hope I can put things more in perspective.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi 2young2retire, welcome to the forum :welcome:

2young2retire

while driving down the road yesterday my 13 year old asked when the scars on my leg would heal and go away. i smiled and explained to her they are healed they are there to stay but they tell a story. a great story about being tested us as a family finding out your true friends. a story that has a happy ending. i reminded her of a scar she has on her leg and the fact that at the time it was healing is was not that fun but now years later she can tell the story of how it happened and i bet no one else she knows got a scar that way. she agreed with a smile on her face