• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

ways to shut out the voices??

C

corsica

Hello,

I am researching what alternatives there are to shut these voices. My mother (61) has been hearing a negative voice for several yrs.

Has anyone tried extra niacin or GABA to see if it helps? From googling, it appears to help some, but I'm also worried about taking megadoses like they say.

My mother is very sensitive to meds and she really needs to sleep at night. She won't take any sleeping pills. She does take valerian, but it hasn't helped.

The earplugs didn't work that well. She says that then the voice comes from inside of her, like from her throat.

thank you!

S

SuperZ

Hi Corsica,

Multivitamins with minerals; some work and some don't, as far as giving me some peace and space from them, clears them from the throat area (grip, latch, leach). The Watkins and New Chapter Organics Brands are what I'm working with lately. Amazon or Ebay..

Might try the television/radio in the background to keep them distracted, harder for them to plan/collude/gang-up. I also noticed that dampening or wetting the ear plugs filters it out even better. She'll know it's working when she begins to have normal everyday thoughts instead of their garbage. White noise, classical or jazz music; even religious or divine monk chant type music. I also noticed that the audible Prayer to St Michael or my modified Universal Faith version left playing very low in the background 24/7 helps to settle things down. Again, what to look for is normal pleasant thoughts instead of that garbage. They don't like any type of prayer or praise/worship music, which means that it's probably the best thing to get them out of the house.

I don't know if she's spiritual/religious or not. Quality of life has a lot to do with it. I have always said that joining a strong evangelical church, that they (church spirits) will take you into their hedge. The Pentecostal use a term "Praying Through", meaning that if she can pray through, can make herself heard, that her plea will usually be answered. Isaiah called the father by the name "Abba".

Quality of life is key... Might consider forcing herself to get out there and make a life for herself. Church, Eastern Star, Bingo, Bridge, Bookstore, Coffee Store, and so on. Then, she won't see that stuff anymore. Hides it's face. Sorry, but that's just the way that things work (give and take).

There is a piece of chant music that I found on the web; and I have not yet found the author of it. This particular file has very strange effects on me, hard to explain, very pleasant, almost divine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl4RthUndt8

Z

S

SuperZ

Corsica,

There is a huge Coping Strategies Listing Poster pdf here:
http://hvna.net.au/upfile/Coping_Stratigies_Poster.pdf

My day begins each morning like this: The alarm goes off but I am forbidden to turn it off until I have a bite to eat and then the vitamins. A small cup of lemonaide to eliminate the vitamin taste cringe. That's a major for me, keeps them out of the throat area, as you said. I then dampen the ear plugs, helps a lot. The radio plays very low on some Classics channel 24/7. I keep myself fairly busy, for "an idle mind is the devil's workshop". A daily agenda or daily planner is great to work with, and mainly that you can get a lot of things done, get motivated and it feels good to see things coming together in our lives.

Related Links:
http://forum.s481.sureserver.com/showpost.php?p=1323&postcount=3

Regards,
z

parker

parker

I have to listen to headphones when I sleep. I run my music through a echo filter on my computer to add a echo to the lyrics. Not sure why this holds the voices at bay.
Changed my sleep patterns, I take an over the counter sleep aid ( mainly for confidence, could take a sugar pill and get the same effect) I don’t go to sleep till I’m tired. Naps are a thing of the past, I would like one know and then. But this is a conditioning thing you do and falling a sleep gets easier and easier, I make it through one or two songs and I’m out, bad nights maybe three songs.

C

corsica

To SuperZ,

yes, my mother is very spiritual. She is of Hindu faith and actually she spends most of her day reading the equivalent of the Bible (in Hinduism it's the Bhagavad Gita) and keeps pictures of Vishnu (equivalent of heavenly father) all around her. She had at one point even prayed to Jesus/Archangels, but the voice got more vicious and tortured her even more.

I'm not sure how this negative being/energy is not afraid of God. We used to play praise songs all day. The songs were very uplifting, but the voice just wouldn't go away.

we also pray together as a family twice each day.

Hopefully, God will deliver! In the meantime though, I need to find out how to shut the voices at least at night so she can sleep for a while.

Thanks...

S

SuperZ

Corsica,

Their malice against religious figures I am also familiar with. They are sifting the faith, trying to discourage her. This caused me to discard/discount man's "religions" and to focus more towards the father himself. When we do this, we gain a much deeper understanding of the powers at play. Mainly how humanity is being manipulated, misled, goosed, like puppets on a string.

Have her consider joining this and the yahoo groups, as she might benefit from penpals who are suffering with same. There is also the social website called "nolongerlonely.com where she might find similar penpals and/or support partners.

Whole living foods with vitamins and exercise, to regain equilibrium, to become grounded once again. Your comments regarding the ear plugs, does appear to have slight advantage, small gain. Claim every small victory, hold on to every millimeter.

I'm not familiar with her religion, but many Christians become very firmly committed that they will survive, withstand, will carry their cross daily, along with the crown of thorns.

Regards,
Z

Returncc

Returncc

Corsica,

Their malice against religious figures I am also familiar with. They are sifting the faith, trying to discourage her. Z
I find that the actual talking points of the "ghosts" is sometimes the result of winning arguments, so if they have any motivational response at all, say to the use of religious dogmas, that may help to explain hearing voices, then you have to win the argument, but in small short uncontestable phrases. In that way, the next group of voices appear trained not to contradict arguments you have "won" in the past. I always use the one good voice to judge between the argumentation they contest. I find their bargaining positions relate to the way out, in oppositional ways, just have to guess what they already know, and it is always some short phrase of light wisdom known to them already. They definately want to know if they can divorse you from the truth about religion or "good" judgment.

I think the most honest religious book on earth is the Lotus Sutra, in the original undoctored version, from the point of view of a voice hearer I think it says the literal truth about hearing voices and the limits of religion and its rules, (if you add in hearing voices), whereas some of the new translations totally write out insights that support this perspective and make the insights not understandable,

yea buddha and his voice hearing warriors,

returncc

C

corsica

thx for the feedback. I didn't quite understand the last post, but I agree that this voice is trying to discourage my mother's spirituality.

actually, my mother says that the negative voice claims to be Evil Shiv. Shiva is known as one of the Hindu Gods (aka God of Destruction). He is worshipped in temples. Some claim he is merciful, but my mother has been tortured a lot so I no longer think highly of him. If it's not him and someone else impersonating him, then why would Shiv allow this to happen?

My mother prays to Vishnu (revered by Hindus as the creator). She says the voice is after my mother because he is an enemy of Vishnu.

anyways, this chatter goes into the wee hours of the morning and sometimes she only gets 2 hours of sleep.

I'm curious if a lot of you have dialogues amongst voices going on... and how you manage to shut them.

My mother has been waiting for the real God to step in and deliver her so she feels compelled to listen to these voices hoping it's really God this time. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened, yet.

may god help all!

S

SuperZ

@eturncc,
I think it's a mistake to get into any kind of dialog with them. xtianity teaches that entertaining them will only keep them around, that you must always scoff and turn them away. Always instantly rebuke them from today forward, that they'll have to go elsewhere to get their jollies.

@corsisa,
It's interesting that he relates himself to the religious deity; but of coarse it's just a matter of left and right. How long has she suffered with the "noisesome pestilence", "discernment of spirits"? Before the year 2000, Bayer Pharmaceutical manufactured the "One a Day" vitamins as organics. These earlier tabs were truly a miracle for me, perfect peace, lasting from the year 1978 to 2000. They're synthetics now, and I've been in bad condition ever since. Very ugly situation, gets worst daily. I've prayed about it, asking for answers as to what it is that worked for me with the original formula. No answers still. I'm experimenting, trying different things, just anything that comes to mind. With all due cautions, of coarse.

Regards,
Z

S

SuperZ

There is an old wives tale regarding diamond. The tale goes like this: If you want to know if your mate is sleeping around on you, you put a diamond under mate's pillow. When mate goes to bed, if mate suddenly leaps from the bed or pillow, then mate is sleeping around on you.

Think about this. It may have other use or advantages.

Z

C

corsica

My mother has been hearing voices for 4-5 years now. Initially, this beast was actually very kind, but always with false promises. Initially, it didn't talk continously. Then gradually got more and more vicious with constant chatter. it also produces visions.

SuperZ and returncc: have you always heard voices or did it start suddenly? And how long have you been hearing them? Are they under control now?

Praying that God does finally take charge of this situation. Nothing is too dificult for God!

S

SuperZ

Corsica,

My first evil voice was around 1967. They remained rare and infrequent until 1978 when they became constant. I get the visions and vivid dreams as well. Very often, they'll drive us to think, or even claim, that the visions are from God, but the truth is that they are staging the entire delusion. What's especially tough for me, are the dreams of visits with my dead family members. Sport, prank, anything for a laugh. They have nothing better to do. It's entertainment to them.

I have had instances in my life where it appeared that God came and seized and arrested them. What followed was periods of profound peace, knowoneness. These are the words which I used to achieve action/intervention: "Father, I need your help." Was it real, or was it just another prank, strong delusion?

Of coarse, we must always keep in mind that it works both ways, that they can also be played at their own game.
http://forum.s481.sureserver.com/showthread.php?t=1545

Z

enfantboheme

enfantboheme

the best way to shut out voices is to try and ignore them. Accept that they have no importance. I think that attatching importance to them (saying they're demons or Gods and stuff) makes things worse, because then, instead of just "hearing things", the person hearing voices gives them more power than they have. Voices very rarely have anything to say that has any merit, so I think it's best to just ignore them.

S

SuperZ

Lead a very structured life; full agenda; so that you don't leave any place for that in your life.

Z