• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

-wave-

E

Eliza

Hey there.

I'm 19, from the South West of England. I've been diagnosed with Depression, Anxiety, BPD, DID, PTSD and have had history of psychosis. Putting that all in a list seems weird. I guess this sort of forum is designed for that, but obviously, that's not all I am, even though some days it feels like it.

I read, and write. It's harder these days, but one day I still have the ambition to be an author. Harry Potter means a boat load to me. I love movie soundtracks, and most music. I love fairylights and Edinburgh.

I'm trying to complete a year college qualification that gives me access to university. It's not going well. I also have synaesthesia.

A

Alienated

Hi.... you seem bubbly for have more letters after your name than Einstein !!

Mayfair

Mayfair

Hey there.

I'm 19, from the South West of England. I've been diagnosed with Depression, Anxiety, BPD, DID, PTSD and have had history of psychosis. Putting that all in a list seems weird. I guess this sort of forum is designed for that, but obviously, that's not all I am, even though some days it feels like it.

I read, and write. It's harder these days, but one day I still have the ambition to be an author. Harry Potter means a boat load to me. I love movie soundtracks, and most music. I love fairylights and Edinburgh.

I'm trying to complete a year college qualification that gives me access to university. It's not going well. I also have synaesthesia.

Underlined
: Well said!

Lists of diagnoses are not what defines a person. Shame the thoughts of many people in the outside world don't share this obvious conclusion!

:welcome: to the forums Eliza :)

A

Alienated

I have no idea what that means.
With all that your happy by saying it's not all I am, your fresh air here.. Welcome !!

Einstein used his letter to introduce who he was, you outsmarted a genious :D

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Eliza and welcome to the forum.

There are several areas of the forum for you to explore concerning your diagnoses. I'm sure you'll find plenty of information and support here.

Becoming an author is a great ambition. I hope you succeed. Sorry to hear that your studies aren't going too well at the moment though; hopefully things will pick up soon.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum, Eliza. :)
Sounds like you've got all kinds of struggles to battle with, but I definitely agree that mental health isn't all that we are.
I also have synaesthesia in some forms... certain words, numbers and letters are colours and smells to me. It's interesting to say the least!

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello and welcome :peace:

M

Mark101

Hi there Eliza,

Your writing ambition sounds great. As a book lover I would only dream of such things. Good luck with your college course.

Mark (Wales)

Muddled Muggles R Us

Last edited:
*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hey eliza,
Welcome, you sound lovely.

I can relate with mental health conditions, and also have synesthesia.
Colour, art, psychology, journalling and intricacy i love.