• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Waste of time - it's useless for me

R

riverofdragons

I have seen a psychologist a few times since june and she has tried to do CBT with me, but I find it useless. I am wasting my time and hers.

I had been giving it the benefit of the doubt, a chance, etc, but last week she said she is leaving after 3 more sessions....no mentioned of other support for me.

I don't see the point going, it doesn't help in the slightest....just leaves me feeling patronised. Plus if its ending anyway whats the point.

The only thing that changes my moods is medication, i don't want to talk, i don't have anything to talk about.

at the same time, i need to have some support as i dont have any friends or family able to support me.

frustrated!

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Not surprised River. I have some therapy but pay for it myself. MH services are truly frustrating one way or another... :confused:

PoppyShakespeare

PoppyShakespeare

Know exactly how you feel, I was tried on the CBT type thing once through the Pathways to Work thing the job centre put me on (the claimed it would "help me manage my condition") and I didn't find it of any help at all. Then when I was finally referred by my GP to MH services I thought I might get somewhere finally..... no such luck.... after 19 months of prannying around from them and just fobbing me off, refusing me counselling and general 'paper shuffling' they've decided they might try me on CBT.... Meh!:mad: I can understand anyone being frustrated by it, it is so irritating isn't it?

Neferakhet

Neferakhet

I have seen a psychologist a few times since june and she has tried to do CBT with me, but I find it useless. I am wasting my time and hers.

I had been giving it the benefit of the doubt, a chance, etc, but last week she said she is leaving after 3 more sessions....no mentioned of other support for me.

I don't see the point going, it doesn't help in the slightest....just leaves me feeling patronised. Plus if its ending anyway whats the point.

The only thing that changes my moods is medication, i don't want to talk, i don't have anything to talk about.

at the same time, i need to have some support as i dont have any friends or family able to support me.

frustrated!
I'll never be able to comprehend the allure or the benefit of a psychologist.Who can know your problems and what lies beneath better than you do? Who can know you more and better than you do?..none other than yourself.So a good decision.

Wendy

Wendy

My o/h has been advised to have CBT,I hope he doesn't get let down.

Neferakhet

Neferakhet

A futile attempt in my opinion.Unless it is universally improved,the whole branch of pyschology that is.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Other 22