• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Was I Ana?

D

DoneIt_EndedIt

Are you anorexic if you barely eat... or is anorexia just where you stop eating all togteher?
I'm confussed because in June i was barely eating... and i felt faint all the time.. was i becoming anorexic.. i did want to lose weight and i thought i was fat.
Any help?
x
:unsure::confused:

K

Kate31

anorexia

I think it's a pretty common myth that anorexics don't eat anything as if that were true anorexia sufferers would die pretty quickly.
There's a few key points that doctors tend to use to reach a diagnosis of anorexia: loss of periods, BMI below 17.5, intense fear of gaining weight/becoming fat despite being very underweight, body image disturbance...

If you're worried about it perhaps make an appt with your GP or get in touch with Beat.

D

DoneIt_EndedIt

Whats Beat?

What is beat??

K

Kate31

Beat

Hi,

beat is the leading UK charity for people with eating disorders and their families. beat is the working name of the Eating Disorders Association.

beat provides helplines for adults and young people, online support and a UK-wide network of self-help groups to help people beat their eating disorder.

beat's vision is simple: Eating Disorders will be Beaten.

http://www.b-eat.co.uk/Home