• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Was anyone aware of schizophrenia as it was developing?

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I keep having these moments where I realize how much everything has changed for me and it feels so out of my control...I realize how much I relate to people who have schizophrenia..I am 20 years old and wondering if it's beginning to show signs. I've been wondering for over a year but I am wondering more and more. I'm nervous but overall I feel fine emotionally lately. It just feels very hard to make sense of everything lately. I just don't know what's going on, how has everything changed so much. But reading about early warning signs and reading others' posts on here, it's like its a slap in the face sometimes...

EdEd

EdEd

I hope for your sake you dont get Schizophrenia , or start to hear voices.. it's a pain in the ass most the time and once you start hearing stuff you have to develop an entire different thought process to cope with the presence of these sounds and voices.. or atleast I had to..to compensate for the difference In my thought patterns.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

@EdEd im afraid that's already been happening :( I was unsure whether they "qualify" as voices because they are in my head not external most of the time, I've only had a few times where it really sounded external. I really think it's thought insertion because they are not in my voice. I hear random noises a lot too that feel really loud, these came before any voices

But in my case I have already had "delusions" before the voices really started coming up so I really felt for a long time it was/is just a matter of time and they were sitting back waiting for the right moment to get this going. Still, it doesn't happen every single day or constantly, but it's weird enough to make me worry

Thank you for your concern..by the way it's so good to see that voices haven't been bothering you as much 🙏

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I did not notice that I lost touch with reality and only knew when I was diagnosed, which was my Mum who took me to see a psychiatrist and explained all my symptoms. I didn't think I was ill, but an intervention definitely helped!!

Passionflower

Passionflower

I personally didn't realise when schiz was developing. I just put all of the strange happenings down to ghosts. I was living in a medieval house at the time so voices and strange things happening were down to the supernatural.I only realised I was wrong when I went on meds and all the 'ghostly' things stopped.

EdEd

EdEd

@EdEd im afraid that's already been happening :( I was unsure whether they "qualify" as voices because they are in my head not external most of the time, I've only had a few times where it really sounded external. I really think it's thought insertion because they are not in my voice. I hear random noises a lot too that feel really loud, these came before any voices

But in my case I have already had "delusions" before the voices really started coming up so I really felt for a long time it was/is just a matter of time and they were sitting back waiting for the right moment to get this going. Still, it doesn't happen every single day or constantly, but it's weird enough to make me worry

Thank you for your concern..by the way it's so good to see that voices haven't been bothering you as much 🙏
Yea things have dramatically improved on the voices end , but my dreams have become alittle worse unfortunately.. it will improve with time I imagine.. or become better again.. cant help but to dream its unavoidable.. so it's a work in progress. But it'll subside with time..

EdEd

EdEd

The dreams are coinciding with my embracing negativity movement , so it's just a repeat of negative thoughts that I've had and the dreams are going along with these negative thoughts.. but what can ya do? Not much I can do to stop them from occurring, so I'm forced to go through the negative thoughts.. not exactly how I want to spend my time and I find it to be a waste of a dream cycle.. but it is what it is.. I can deal with it.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I do think if I wasn't active on here it would be a lot worse..I'm trying so hard to tell myself it's just mental illness but it all keeps piling up on me

I'm so scared to be hospitalized I don't feel like I can talk to my family about it they are the people I really don't trust