• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Warning signs

I

imdoingthebestthatican

Hello,
I am worried. Last time I saw my doctor I was feeling great but he asked me to look out for trigger signs to a lapse into depression. So I keep on waking up in the middle of the night. (I was very tired..this is the middle of the night! )
I do have a lot to deal with at the moment and yesterday was really angry and then got cross for being angry and that didn't help. I feel overwhelmed by my emotions and exhausted at the prospect of unpicking them and am finding being positive almost impossible.
I thought instead of going over and over things in bed maybe I could find some comfort here.
Sorry for rambling

S

starfish

iamdoingthebestthatican

i am sorry that you are having such a difficult time at the moment. i too have problems waking up in the night. i dont know what would be a normal day for you re work family life etc but i find walking very good at running off stress. another visit to your gp might be in order. i hope this helps you.

I

imdoingthebestthatican

Hello,
Thank you. I actually slept well at last last night. I have just returned from a funeral so I don't supposed that helped. It is funny you should say walking. I am even thinking of joining a gym as they say exercise helps. I hope that you are sleeping better. I am going to go to the GP. I think it will put my mind at rest. Thanks for your support

Q

quality factor

Hi, yes walking does help. Sometimes GP's are able to refer you to a local gym for so many free sessions, then you can see if it is for you and begin to go on a more permanent basis.

Hope you find a form of exercise which helps you.

QF.

I

imdoingthebestthatican

Thank you. I think I am going to make exercise a priority.