Wanting to self harm

B

Bonnie13

Haven't self harmed for years but a recent operation I had "down below"has caused lots of childhood stuff to resurface. Really don't know how to fight these urges right now. Really worried

T

Twokiwisandabanana

Hi Bonnie mYbe you could eek help from a doctor no need to urged in silence :loveshower:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm sorry the surgery has resurfaced memories for you.
A therapist could help, ask your dr to refer you.
Here to listen to.
Take care

maestro of presto

maestro of presto

Of course you are experiencing an abnormality, you need very special help for that.

B

Bonnie13

I'm under my local mental health services and am on the waiting list for counselling but it's a 9 month wait. Medication isn't working and I'm getting constant flashbacks which I can't cope with. Really worried that I am going to self harm, don't think there's any other option. I'd be better off dead. No family or friend support. No point in anything right now

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I'm under my local mental health services and am on the waiting list for counselling but it's a 9 month wait. Medication isn't working and I'm getting constant flashbacks which I can't cope with. Really worried that I am going to self harm, don't think there's any other option. I'd be better off dead. No family or friend support. No point in anything right now
Hi,
Do you have a crisis number that you can call?
It sounds like you need more support, do you have a CPN?
Try distracting yourself etc, it often helps.
We are here to support you to.
Take care

B

Bonnie13

Sorry to be so negative but none of my distraction techniques are working right now. Crisis team have said they have no-one available to see me till tomorrow. Suggested I went to a and e. I just can't do that. I've got pets to care for and no-one to care for them if they hospitalise me again. Sorry if this sounds like excuses. Could really do with a hug. Sat here with my bear at the moment trying to comfort myself