• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

want to sh and havent for nearl 2 years or do I?

T

TinaB

I am getting drunk more often. feeling seeping out of my skin when I am trying to remain normal, children work no help from therapy services when they said they would, the though of self harming is so tempting oh so tempting

Last edited by a moderator:
bulbie

bulbie

Think of all you have achieved in the last two years. Consider the disappointment in yourself you'll feel if you do it. Has it ever helped in the long run? Will it ever help? You can keep being strong, there's a tiny fragment in you that doesn't want to, you're here telling us how you're feeling. That's a good start.

H

HospitalForSouls

Well I mean, of course its great if you can resist the urge and I really do hope you manage to stave off temptation, I really do. Although, and I may sound controversial, sometimes, in very extreme circumstances, the release can be better than letting it build up. Obviously I'm not saying self harming is good, it should be avoided at all costs. However, when I stopped self harming so much I found myself overdosing a lot instead and the staff in A&E said to me, 'try not to do anything, but obviously that can be difficult sometimes' and they said basically, they can deal with superficials, but if i go down other paths I could end up dead much more easily. So, in summary, no self mutilation is ever good but if you have to choose, and I mean genuinely, not just feel, but are obsessed with the idea, superficials are better than taking a whole bunch of pills or something

Last edited by a moderator:
B

balancekeeper

Hope you manage to resist the urge. After being 2 years you dont want to start back on it.
But Try to make sure your safe, whatever happens

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I hope the feelings become a little more under control for you.

2 years is a long time xx