• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Want to die

Beta012

Beta012

Feeling extremely sad absolutely sucks, I've gone through times where I never thought I would live to see the end of them because they were so hard to go through that reaching the next day would seem impossible. It can be extremely hard on yourself.
I send virtual hugs. Things can get extremely difficult, but there are always others out there that can help.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I just want to die and to know the best way to do it.
I know how it feels to be really depressed. I know the emotions. I can tell you that talking to someone who takes the time to listen and direct you to the right help if needed is really helpful.

C

celticlass

Ah Jamie, that's a sad space to be in. I guess many of us here know the feeling. In my case it would be in my head when the problems in my life are many. They at times can seem to be piled so high that I can't get over them or round them - but I usually do or I come to accept the situation. This is a good supportive forum in those times.

deliverevil

deliverevil

I haven't ever wanted to die it must be a bad place your in. it won't seem so bad tomorrow.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I just want to die and to know the best way to do it.
Hi @Jamie97
Do you have a support system of friends and family? If you do, make use of them. Start very slowly by telling a very close friend or family member that you've been feeling sad lately. See how they respond. If they're receptive, maybe you can next say that you're not sure what to do about it. Just go very slowly and reveal very little at a time. That may help you. Also, are you seeing a therapist for talk therapy? Are you seeing a psychiatrist for meds? Both may help you with what you're dealing with.

T

treasurebox

What you are thinking and feeling is not permanent. It will pass. There will be better days for you.

Listening to motivational and uplifting songs on youtube helps. Music is therapeutic. Listen to it daily or as often as needed.

What are you good at and enjoy doing? Is it cooking, baking, doing arts and crafts? Whatever it is, do it for it will make you happy and even fulfilled.

Helping someone is good for you. Find someone whom you can help. You may volunteer in your community or online.
You can coach or teach online.