• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Waking up with negative thinking (negative negative)

S

supergreysmoke

I'll be 'all right' later but lately I've been waking up feeling the whole world has got it in for me. Feel half like lashing out at the invisible forces/entities seeking my demise and half like imploding into self-destruction. Is there a cure for this? Don't always feel this bad, maybe it's the time of year or becoming older - don't know what it is really....?

BillFish

BillFish

I'll be 'all right' later but lately I've been waking up feeling the whole world has got it in for me. Feel half like lashing out at the invisible forces/entities seeking my demise and half like imploding into self-destruction. Is there a cure for this? Don't always feel this bad, maybe it's the time of year or becoming older - don't know what it is really....?
There is a lot of potential negativity in the mental illness experience, I always try to be positive in my daily life, and am constantly correcting my family when they are negative :p

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
this is a shitty world and telling you to think positive is overrated, as one clinical psychologist put it you haven't much to be positive about

S

supergreysmoke

Actually feeling worse - should ring someone but can't be bothered....what'll they do except make things worse than worse?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Actually feeling worse - should ring someone but can't be bothered....what'll they do except make things worse than worse?
I agree that services aren't always helpful, but surely it's worth a try?
You never know, they might actually be better this time. :hug1:

S

supergreysmoke

Don't want to worry the wife. She'd be all ears with me talking about how I feel. Then give me a ear'ful for not telling her. Catch 22. Feel hopeless - locked in pressure cooker feeling. Could explode. Won't hopefully.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i like the existential philosophy that starts with life is pointless and meaningless and finishes with thats what makes life worth living

Unique1

Unique1

So many times I've felt like you describe, and thought that people would only make it worse, or been too exhausted to be bothered,I have to say though, when I've rang someone, it has made me feel better..I guess it has to be the right type of someone, as at those times I don't want the wrong person telling me crap like go out and have a walk, appreciate the flowers etc etc...I did get a lovely person on the line at Samaritans a couple of weeks ago, felt better after I'd chatted it really did help.

C

Christobel

I normally phone my psychiatrist when I feeling really shitty. I shut myself in the bedroom so my husband can't hear.