• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Waking Up or Going to Sleep?

S

Spirit

I hear a lot of people talk about hearing the voices more often when they're falling asleep or just going to bed but does anyone else hear them more often when they're waking up? Rather- my voices actually wake me up,... every morning for this past two weeks or so they've woken me up a couple hours before my alarm has gone off. One time I thought someone had turned the television on and I woke up getting ready to yell at them but it was just me. It seems to happen more clearly right after I've been dreaming (doing more of that since the voices came), even if I can't remember my dreams. I'm just curious if this happens to anyone else.

PS, it's good to be back. I've been away for a little while- still been reading but been very antisocial for a few days. :) I'm better for the moment.

T

ThePayingRoomate

I hear a lot of people talk about hearing the voices more often when they're falling asleep or just going to bed but does anyone else hear them more often when they're waking up? Rather- my voices actually wake me up,... every morning for this past two weeks or so they've woken me up a couple hours before my alarm has gone off. One time I thought someone had turned the television on and I woke up getting ready to yell at them but it was just me. It seems to happen more clearly right after I've been dreaming (doing more of that since the voices came), even if I can't remember my dreams. I'm just curious if this happens to anyone else.

PS, it's good to be back. I've been away for a little while- still been reading but been very antisocial for a few days. :) I'm better for the moment.
In a word: yes.

In more than a word: it is these experiences that have convinced me more and more that the voices are coming from my own mind as they seem to get more extreme when the sub-conscience is naturally more active. But that's just my take.

parker

parker

In more than a word: it is these experiences that have convinced me more and more that the voices are coming from my own mind as they seem to get more extreme when the sub-conscience is naturally more active. But that's just my take.
Or are the gates opening to The City To Mansoul?

R

RatViper

What's the City of Mansoul then? Should I look it up or stay away?

As for the subconscious I have to agree that there's a lot of evidence points in that direction. I believe we've all had traumatic experience/s that have set this voice mi-thingy-mi-jig on a roll and that there's something we all probably need to get to grips with as best we can, gently, gently.

I also have had more than my fair share of nasty dreams and weird experiences both going to sleep, during sleep and waking up. You're not alone in that (and if we not alone in this things there must surely be some positive meanings to it all).

RatViper

S

Spirit

ThePlayingRoomate: Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I too feel that my voices are coming from within and that they are a part of me, though my nature tends to make me consider spiritual possibilities before most things I know that these voices are mine alone. Somehow that almost makes them more difficult to deal with but in other ways... it's better this way. I feel like I might have a shot at helping myself even in the worst of times knowing that these things inside my head are of my own creation. It's like it means I have the ultimate power to get rid of them even if I'm not quite sure how yet. :)

Parker: You've got me curious now. Methinks I need to go Google that.

Back from Googling it. Alas, I found many results so I might need you to clarify your meaning for me. ;)

RatViper: Indeed on the traumatic experiences. I just wish... hmm, it's so difficult to explain. I know I've been having trouble with reality on and off for the bulk of my very short life but I don't see why the voices have to come out now that I'm living a wonderful, happy, healthy, and for once- blissfully safe life. My Hubby and I are thinking that maybe it's because I feel safe that the voices think it's okay for them to make themselves more noticeable, like they're little repressed parts of me that are trying to reintegrate now that they don't have to hide anymore.

I have another question regarding the dreaming. Have you noticed an increase in your dreams or the oddities of them since you started hearing voices? Just curious.

R

RatViper

Hi Spirit,

I can totally relate to the idea of the voices being ones of your own creation quite naturally being very difficult to deal with. I know for certain that mine were through trauma and my previous experiences. It's taken a long time for me to get used to the idea that they're mine and just in my head. In fact it was only a few days ago I finally hit the nail with the hammer almost straight on, not quite though lol. I know now that the voices were created by my subconscious (or whatever else if it ain't the subconscious) for a reason, I just not really sure what the reason is although I have my suspicions - fear and self-loathing.

Regarding the dreams, yeh I was always a day dreamer in childhood. Often daydreamed I was fighting dinosaurs and monsters and rescuing people. I know now that this would have been an early coping strategy with the burden I was carrying from an early age. I also had a repeating nightmare when I was child regarding my family being eaten by jelly monsters that could be disguised as everyday objects - such as a sofa..... my parents would sit upon the sofa and then be engulfed and eaten by it. I'd be screaming out in my dreams trying to warn them but they'd never take heed.

Now then, since the voices came into being yes - I have much more vivid and intense dreams than before. In fact only just moments ago I woke up outta one, one of the more intense ones. Feel a bit spooked by it but am taking good things out of it. I feel like there was true meaning in it - that I'm a good person and always try my best to help anyone and everyone, and that should definitely include looking out for myself too.

Regarding your current situation, hard for me to surmise why you experiencing em right now. Maybe it's the aftermath of your previous experiences and they just need to settle down?

RatViper

T

terri

Yeah Mr Parker

I would like to know as well. Fill us in

Thanks everso you angel,

in anticipation; hope it's not too scary!!!!

Terr x

R

RatViper

I've just looked up The City of Mansoul, there's an entry on Wikipedia entitled 'The Holy War'. Haven't had time to read it thoroughly yet, but to give a rough summary Mansoul bears the image of The Almighty but are deceived into rebelling and turn to following the rule of Diabolus.

It's from a novel by John Bunyan in 1682.

Hope I haven't stolen your thunder Mr Parker :)

RatViper

T

terri

TPR

All takes welcome here, and have to say, I've been persauded today, it's a combination of both, through both spiritual and trauma, and that's where they began, but disagree that my voices are from my subconscious, because at times there are so very very many of them, and my head and brain box is not big enough to have created them all.

Plus, I have had more than enough proof, when I have put them to the test to find out whether they are 'for real' or not, that I cannot genuinely go back to saying that they do not really exist when I am convinced they are part of the consciousness from over behind the veil.

Good to debate

Take care, hope you are good today

Terr x

parker

parker

What's the City of Mansoul then? Should I look it up or stay away?
Just a fancy way of saying Hypnagogic State, i started a thread on this awhile back. A way to by pass your conscious filter:(

I don't like the voice playing in that area so my main effort is to protect that area:cool: I try to keep the gates closed

C

CipMed

Waking Up or Going to Sleep

My twin boys are new to the kinder room. Theyve just turned four, but still have a one to two hour sleep during the day. They still go to sleep at 7.30pm and wake up at 6.30am, so their day sleep isnt interrupting their night routine. The problem I have is that they are not allowed to have a sleep in the kinder room. Apparently theyre now big boys, and relaxation time should be enough. However, when they dont have a day sleep, our night routine is completely dysfunctional, with non-stop crying etc...Any advice? Its the first time Ive considered changing child care arrangements.....