Waking up in the night

S

Sean96

Hello,

Over the last few weeks I have woke up literally every single night between the hours of 2 and 4 feeling anxious and on some occasions this has turned into a panic attack, i always find that I am awake for around 1/1.5 hours then I fall back asleep. Has anyone got an tips on how I can get a full nights sleep again or how to suppress the anxiety during the night, I don’t currently take any medicines and would ideally like to keep it that way but I am struggling at the moment as this also effects my day due to me being tired from broken sleep, thanks

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hi, I would advise you try to get some professional advise and support , they could be an underlying cause for the sleep problems X

I can empathize with you, having a long history of sleep problems, have you thought about meditation, warm bath before bed, soft lighting , gentle music , I use a cuddle pillow and blanket to help me sleep better (I'm a 43 year old man, so don't worry if you think it's a silly idea)
Write a journal but if you do it do it a few hours before bed so you clear your mind of worries and don't over think them X
Hope these few tips help X

S

Sean96

Thank you for your reply, I do try meditation and relaxation techniques every now and again and it does seem to calm me down so I think I will try and put this into practice more often and see if I get any positive results. I also like the idea of writing a journal I think I will try this aswell, thanks again for the tips they are a great help x

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

I changed my sleeping patterns because of anxiety, normally get up 4:30am so by 8-9 pm pretty shattered & get a good night's sleep, helped as well because could relax in the morning without rushing.

S

StephanieJ

Hiya i also have trouble sleeping and anxiety during the night awake for hours ive recently started listening to books while in bed i downloaded audible on my phone put a sleep timer on and listen for as long as it takes me to fall asleep ive found it really helps as instead of fighting with thw thoughts in my head im concentrating on the story instead not sure if anyone else will find it helpful but def helps me x