• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Waking Up Anxious

R

Rider52

I've been having good and bad days with feeling nervous. I had a busy day yesterday and felt more relaxed and had a nice nap. Then last night I woke up from vivid dreams and feel anxious again. It gets frustrating when you feel more like yourself and then not so great again.

R

RTLP

I don’t know how anxious do you feel. Is your anxiety unbearable or bearable? Almost every morning I wake up feeling a little depressed or anxious but this improves within an hour. I don’t mind having this.

R

Rider52

Hi RTLP, it comes in waves throughout the day. I feel worse in the mornings and usually feel calmer towards evening. Sometimes it's unbearable and I distract myself with hobbies to feel better. I just wish I knew the trigger or cause.

R

RTLP

Generally speaking if your anxiety is causing you great distress then you should consider taking SSRIs. If it’s not so debilitating then you can eat more healthy food, running 3 times a week, sleeping at night and practice mindfulness

P

PineappleNine

Sorry to hear this is happening to you. I do this too. I end up getting straight into the propranolol after I wake up, and it's irritating. It feels like I've done something wrong, but I honestly haven't. Having really vivid, nightmarish dreams too.

R

Rider52

Sorry to hear this is happening to you. I do this too. I end up getting straight into the propranolol after I wake up, and it's irritating. It feels like I've done something wrong, but I honestly haven't. Having really vivid, nightmarish dreams too.
I just wish it'd go away. I have good and bad days. I get the same bad dreams sometimes. Hope you feel better.

M

Marianda

I feel terrible in the mornings. Usually I cry for a while. It's the tiime of the day when anxiety and depression reach their highest peak.
As the day goes by my mood improves and at night I'm calm.

kingkylie

kingkylie

I've been having good and bad days with feeling nervous. I had a busy day yesterday and felt more relaxed and had a nice nap. Then last night I woke up from vivid dreams and feel anxious again. It gets frustrating when you feel more like yourself and then not so great again.
I have the same issue! Omg. I never thought that I would meet someone that has this issue.. I went through a break up last month and it was really brutal... I couldnt sleep because my brain couldnt stop thinking and when I do fell asleep I would have a really vivid dreams to the point that I would wake up feeling tired and really shitty and even crying. It's been 1,5 months now for me since I broke up and thankfully I don't have it anymore (I hope I never will again because tbh I'm scared of it).. But I found out that the more I think about the terrible event, the more likely I will dream about it.

So my best advice for you is to not think about bad stuffs before you go to bed or try not to overthink before you go to bed. I know it might sound hard, so try meditation before bed. My doctor told me to try breathing excercise before and after sleep.. it's callex 478 (4 seconds to inhale, 7 seconds to hold your breath, 8 seconds to exhale). Try to do it while being relaxed and you should do the counting because that way you could focus your mind to the counting. Try to do it 3-4 times. Good luck!