• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

waiting times

J

jekel1

how long did yo have to wait before you got your first appointment with the psychiatrist:tea::tea::confused:? my g.p said she was contacting them and that i would get a letter with an appointment. i know it differs but any idea?

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I htink it varies where in the country you live. I was actually quite lucky and got an appointment in 2 months, unfortunately they are useless!!:D

guggy

guggy

About a month here. They're not of much use either I would say, the Pdoc will ask you standard questions and based on your responses will lower or increase your dosage.

B

bluebell24

I was told 6 months in London ... moved to the south west a fortnight ago, was told 6-12 weeks and was seen a week later so I guess you can never tell!

I think my new GP took me more seriously than my previous one however and I was helped by having copies of letters from a therapist and former mental health service detailing occurences of suicide ideation, a family history of suicide attempts and my own experience of this years ago. I was very glad I'd decided to be completely honest about all that and I really believe it helped speed things up.