• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

waiting times

J

jekel1

how long did yo have to wait before you got your first appointment with the psychiatrist:tea::tea::confused:? my g.p said she was contacting them and that i would get a letter with an appointment. i know it differs but any idea?

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I htink it varies where in the country you live. I was actually quite lucky and got an appointment in 2 months, unfortunately they are useless!!:D

guggy

guggy

About a month here. They're not of much use either I would say, the Pdoc will ask you standard questions and based on your responses will lower or increase your dosage.

B

bluebell24

I was told 6 months in London ... moved to the south west a fortnight ago, was told 6-12 weeks and was seen a week later so I guess you can never tell!

I think my new GP took me more seriously than my previous one however and I was helped by having copies of letters from a therapist and former mental health service detailing occurences of suicide ideation, a family history of suicide attempts and my own experience of this years ago. I was very glad I'd decided to be completely honest about all that and I really believe it helped speed things up.