• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Waiting for ESA review

M

Mulder91

I've been on ESA since 2015. First time I was assessed I was put in support group without having to go through a face to face. Second and third time I had to go for face to face assessments, and I am one of the (extremely) lucky few who has actually seen healthcare professionals who have a heart and are compassionate and empathetic and write no lies or anything in their reports - in the third assessment the assessor even contacted my GP because he was so concerned about my intrusive thoughts. I was assessed again beginning of this year and once again placed in support group without need for face to face - i heard back really fast as well only had to wait about a week. I was told current award would be until January of next year, but I was expecting to receive form by now. From what I understand from my personal research they're only doing reviews for PIP/DLA or if you report a change in circumstances. I can find hardly any information about it and what I could find is out of date. It really does my depression and anxiety no good waiting, and with the current Covid crisis I suspect I and many others will be waiting for a long time.

D

Deleted member 91323

You could call up to question this just in case a letter to you has been lost in the post. I can fully understand your concerns. It is horrible having this hanging around.

M

Mulder91

You could call up to question this just in case a letter to you has been lost in the post. I can fully understand your concerns. It is horrible having this hanging around.
Yeah I have considered doing that, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

D

Deleted member 91323

I can understand that. It is very stressful calling them up.