• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

waiting for a oppointmeant

M

Matthew chinn

Good afternoon all. I have not long been told i have a personalty disorder of the anti Social kind witch i dont agree with.I have got a full assessment a week Wednesday. But the more i have lookedin to what they think i may have the more i look in to it i belive that the personality disorder is more me is the border line one BPD. Has any one else been told they mite have a anti social personality disorder. And have been miss understood. Because i dont want to be stigmatized in that group. I have never been to jail i had a good up bringing. I no my issue's i just cant understand. How easy the woman put me down as anti social personality disorder. When i hate my self more than any one elese. This is my first post sorry for the punctuality

U

UMPALUMPA

Welcome to the Forum, I would say ask them on what grounds they think you have AntiSocial PD.

Diagnosises are hard to get removed once given I found, you can also ask for advice from the Hospital Advocacy which can be a big help.

Plus you can ask for a second opinion from a different Psychologist/Psychiatrist.

good luck x

M

Matthew chinn

Full assessment next week. Hope they understand. That i been at war with my self for so long i dont even no who i am. And i want to lash out because cant hurt my self any more thanks for the reply x

B

BPDLexie

I have also recently been diagnosed. It's so hard. I have been diagnosed with BPD and I was so angry at first. I felt victimized and totally backed into a corner. I felt trapped and like no one would listen. Once I had calmed down and everyone around me had backed off a bit I was able to see that they are definitely right, I do have BPD and the more I look back the more I can accept that it is what it is. Despite that, the psychiatrist I saw told me that I shouldn't let my feelings be trampled on by health professionals. If you truly don't believe your diagnosis then I hope you get the diagnosis you feel is right. Don't be afraid to fight for it although, that's easier said than done with BPD. XXXXXX

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13