• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Waiting and worrying!!!

A

Alohajay

Hi all! I had a biopsy on a neck lymph node yesterday. It is large but the dr said looking at it with the ultrasound it didn’t look worrisome etc.. He said he would tell me if he thought it was “something”. But then why do a biopsy!? He said they would call today or Monday at the latest with the results. So now i am convinced they didn’t call today because it’s awful news and because it’s Friday, they didn’t want to to tell me before the weekend. I am worrying myself sick and Monday seems to be forever away! Any thoughts??
Thanks!!!

H

HealingHelichrysum

I hope everything is fine. If the doctor said it doesn't look worrisome, then don't worry until you have to. Distraction can help keep your mind off it temporarily. Good luck and give an update !

2Much2Feel

Hey, and welcome. Well, they kind of have to do a biopsy just to make sure, but more often than not it's benign. Went through something similar myself w my thyroid. I know the waiting is hell and there is little that people can say to make that completely go away, but like HealingHelichrysum said, distraction is best to take your mind away from it, as our minds tend to go to the darkest places when we're left waiting on something like this. Of course you're anxious, it'd be odd if you weren't, but take it from someone who's worried about far too many health issues, from biopsies to MRIs to ct scans, etc., and not one of them actually ended up being anything to worry about. Distraction. Don't sit in your head too much.

B

bebernipes

Your doctor ordered the biopsy because he wants to be 100% sure that everything is okay with you. It is never exactly a bad sign when doctors order extra tests, it shows that he is very competent. Now, you won't be able to find ways to make the time go faster, but you can find ways to spend that time in a more relaxed way. You could try to find a recipe for a dish to make, one that requires some time and dedication... and that is tasty. Everything will work out fine!

Sash1

Sash1

Hi..

Here I go again with "my Health Anxiety" rants!!!!!!!

I've been going through tests these past weeks, blood/urine/examinations, had my ultrasound on Tuesday(I think, days are rolling into one)this week..everything was clear, thankfully..but, like you I kept saying to myself, they must be looking for something serious, maybe they're not telling me, passing me over to each other because they know there's something, list goes on........the waiting for results have been absolute hell, so i relate to what your saying, there wasn't a distraction on this planet that worked waiting for each result..

But if you think, your in good hands, you've dealt with things head on, they're not looking for what it is, they looking for what it's not, I know that doesn't sound too reassuring at the minute, but if your like me, you over think, or worry, so Anxieties etc get worse..

Hold on in there and let us know how your doing, it'll be ok..