• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Vulnerable Adults List

jax

jax

I have just learned today that I am to be placed on this Vulnerable Adults list because of my many Bipolar highs and manias. My nurse told me today that I will meet with my Pdoc, herself (Nurse), My GP and the social worker who specializes in Vulnerable Adults. A member of my family is meant to be at the meeting too. Thankfully, my nurse said that she thought that it would be detrimental for me if a family member were there.
I only know a little of what this means. I have tried to google it but can't find anything relevant. Does anyone know anything about this list.?
Thanks, Jacqui

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hi Jax,
I'm sorry I can't help much, I've only been able to find little bits of information too, probably what you already.
Sorry :hug:
Hope you get more info when you meet with you pdoc.

A

Apotheosis

I don't know specifically what the 'Vulnerable Adults list' is - But my understanding is that anyone classed as having mental health issues is considered a vulnerable adult anyway.

jax

jax

I've spoken to a friend in Scotland who is a mental health worker. I live in Belfast - which is most likely why it is called what is is here. My friend told me that the equivalent in Scotland - and England is called as CTO Community Treatment Order.

My friend also told me that this has probably been sanctioned as I appear to not respond well to medications and that I often have no insight and am more often than not - high and do dangerous things. She said that they should have done it long before now.

I have to say that I feel a little less nervous about this now that I have spoken to her.

http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Legal/MHAlegalbriefing2.htm

D

Dollit

It's a group of people who are getting together to talk to you about what the best ways forward are to help you gain some stability and manage your illness. It should be a meeting where you are heard as much as you listen and that your input is considered valid. However, if you do have a lack of insight, this could be a really positive move for you. I have a lot of insight into my bipolar and still find it a struggle.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.