• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Vomiting when triggered, how to avoid

H

HisWife

I have a tendency to throw up when triggered. When it happens, I go from no nausea to vomiting in a minute.

I have an event tomorrow that I imagine will be very triggering. I would like to make it through without leaving.

Any suggestions? Would something like Zofran work? Another strategy?

I can’t take benzos.

2Much2Feel

Maybe some Benadryl? I know it helps stop dry heaves, for instance. Good luck to you!

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Hi, how did it go today? Did you find anything that helped?

H

HisWife

I was going to take the zofran and chickened out. Managed to make it through the most important parts and walk rather than run out, so that’s good even if I threw up right?

H

HisWife

Hi, how did it go today? Did you find anything that helped?

An acquaintance told me today to try EFT. Does anyone have experience with that? It would be really nice not to have to worry about this.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

An acquaintance told me today to try EFT. Does anyone have experience with that? It would be really nice not to have to worry about this.
I'm not very familiar with EFT. It sounds interesting. I have thought of trying acupuncture, but haven't yet.

R

RockyMountainsGirl

The EFT tapping distracts you from the stress, but it is
I'm not very familiar with EFT. It sounds interesting. I have thought of trying acupuncture, but haven't yet.
The EFT tapping distracts one from the stress. It's worth a try but I never found it solved my underlying issues with complex PTSD. Therapy I received did, and that was back in the 1970s.