• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Voluntary patients needs helps they are trying to falsely section me

M

MentallySane

I was ill advised to go into hospital on a voluntary basis. Now they won't let me out it has been nearly two years. They are using every trick in the book. I suffer from anxiety and depression. I am not a harm to anyone or a danger to myself. I have not said I want to kill myself or nothing like that. They lied on the last ward round and a setting me up saying they can't discharge me. so voluntary admission is bullshit. I was lied to. Can someone help me get advice from somewhere. These people are trying to keep held in here. Please help. Based in London

Z

Zoe1

you need an advocate
preferably not the ones from the hospital themselves

:grouphug: 🎼 🎨 🖌

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Two years is a long time to be in hospital if not sectioned I’m sure they should give you a reason why your being kept in. If your not a danger to yourself or anyone else they must be thinking on different lines to you. I do think you may need to take advice I’m putting a link for you to look at. Hopefully it may give you some help

M

MentallySane

No they are trying to keep me here. I have done nothing I am not suicidal or a harm to others. I do not know what to do.

Z

Zoe1

what reason did they give for detaining you ?
can you think of any reason
why they would have wanted to do that ?

M

MentallySane

what reason did they give for detaining you ?
can you think of any reason
why they would have wanted to do that ?
For the money and it is a revenge thing complicated but true they are corrupt as they come.

M

MentallySane

All I have is anxiety and depression and it is not even that bad. I had a meltdown due to being harassment and tormented for a long period of time. This person has people in high places. So I am ****ed basically

Z

Zoe1

n yeah I admitted myself once and regretted it
actually that was the time when they finally got my meds right

would you be willing to see an advocate ?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Do try an advocate like these London
Have you been offered legal support? Have they tried to section you under the mental health care act?
Ask for an discharge plan
Good luck

Z

Zoe1

those are the ones I use Mayflower

not sure if I would be here without their help

Finite

Finite

I have fallen for the voluntary patient trap before too, but 2 years is a real long time to be in an NHS hospital, without being under section, especially if you don't feel you need to be there. I definitely say speak to an advocate. They have helped me a lot over the years. Good luck :)

M

MentallySane

Thank you all they are trying to keep me here and it is unlawful. I have full capacity and just in a little fear due to being harassed but that does not warrant me to be locked up and my life taken away from me.