• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

voices

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

they are so loud, i cant listen to music properly cause they are talking over it, i try hard though to make them go away, i take my meds and they still bother me. im hearing my mother too, putting me down, i was having such a good day and now its gone to pot the whole lot is a mess, cant think straight thoughts atre being put into my head telling me to self harm, my arms alreayd a mess, hubby threw my blade away yesterday so it could stop me form cutting, but it hasnt worked im finding other ways to hurt myself, want to get my mother out of my head, want her to leave me alone im struggling.

J

jimrandle

Hi Neodelta, I noticed nobody replied to your thread. I know how you feel, I've been hearing voices for 35 years, but I cope with them most of the time these days. My friend Patricia used to slash her arms with a razor, but she's stopped now.There's always hope.Do you believe in God? I am a member of the Bahá'í Faith, it has helped me. Check out 'short and Long Healing Prayers' which I have posted as a thread on this website, check out 'Two Open Introductory Letters' as well. I take Olanzapine which helps me, I also take Omacor (trade name) Fish Oil Fatty Acids 1,000 mg, three capsules a day, some take five capsules. They are a new antipsychotic and have little or no side effects, they are a food supplement, not a drug. They are good for memory, cholesterol and your heart as well. My GP didn't know that they were also an antipsychotic, but my psychiatrist does. Ask your psychiatrist about it. Also, do not take recreational drugs. Have you heard of cannabis psychosis, or worse still LSD psychosis. I think I had both, that was back in the 70s. Anyway, good luck, I hope it works out for you. Jim