• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

voices

~minnie~

~minnie~

I am having a hard time with the voices at the moment
the mindreaders are posioning my food and drink hence why I am not touching the stuff till I have to
I am on depixol 80mg injections but I dont think its working cos why else have I still got the voices?
I have a review on Thursday with my psych, cpn and social worker and I am dreading it because they plot things while I am there, they can read my mind because of the things they say. I find that with other people too they can read my mind and thats why they are called mindreaders.
I dont even know why I have posted this post, I just wanted someone to talk to if they are going through the same as me.

Thankyou for reading:(:cry:

A

Ambience

Believing other people can read your mind

I have also had distressing thoughts about friends being able to mind-read, but what is more disturbing is that people start talking about the things i am thinking in my head, making me think they can hear what distress is going on in my head, which is alot. I sometimes wonder if it is psychic knowledge rather than voices.

I'm not going through the same as you exactly,but i can relate and just wanted you to know that i don't mind listening. I'm no expert, but i do know where my problems first orginated. I also know that what has helped is telling my subconcious mind it is wrong, not believing what i hear so to speak. Then using positive affirmations about whatever is bothering me.

In this case it would be each morning making positive statements to say-
People around me are helpful and caring. I also feel much better after spending alot of time on myself away from others doing meditations and doing reiki healing. All this involves is placing your hands in various positions and this is believed to rebalance the mind body and spirit. It has helped calm me and sooth my thoughts. There are free web pages on reiki and books at the library, so you don't have to go out and buy any course etc.

If you change your focus to something positive. I don't know if your situation is like mine, but when i get really intense "voicelike experience" in my head. I tend to see it as a sign i need to look after myself. Are you spending enough time pampering yourself, getting your peace and quiet away from everyone else- is there a hobby you could immerse yourself in.

Don't try fight the voices in your head- they will only get stronger in my view- i would try accept them- then say to yourself-" This is incorrect information- the truth is these people can't hear my thoughts- the people around me are loving and supportive and i am safe".

If you look up information on affirmations on the net- i've used them to help me. Your body may be crying for help and attention- are you listening and treating yourself with care. I remember when i used to argue with these " voices" they would just get louder, more agressive ,more painful and it wasn't until i could finally say... " I am willing to accept this fear! and help myself work through this" that i finally started treating myself as a woman who needed a soothing internal voice to start caring for her.

It doesn't happen overnight that things improve, and certain situations trigger" these voices" inside me, which makes me want to hide away.

Again i don't know if you can relate to any of this , but i am sending you loving thoughts and healing and i hope that you can find a way to see any message that comes to you in thought as a gift. If the belief you hold is wrong and the thoughts are negative. Work on changing these beliefs, by gently affirming positive statements in your mind.

A good one is i am willing to release the patterns in me that cause me to think these thoughts--

The voices may be detached in you- with me - i know the " voices" are from me, but i know that if i didnt' get a hold- i could diassociate and unidentify with the part of me that is causing me so much pain in my head. I've had life experiences that have caused me to think like this and hear "almost detached voices" in my head.

To me the "voices" is my emotional last scream for attention- it's when i have a need to be met-i.e to be on my own instead of company, and i'm not doing what my body is telling me, which is to go and be in my own space.

I thought that the "voices were persecuting me and harming me at first because of the content and nature and agression, but it was a wake up call a cry for help in my view.

Are you loving and caring for yourself enough- in the right career, in the right company or are your emotions trying to communicate to you to tell you you are on the wrong path? What would make you happy, what do you think can decrease the voices- try doing these things. I know they are just coping techniques and i haven't found a way to totally eliminate the "voices", but i hope some of this helps.

Much love and light, Ambience x

~minnie~

~minnie~

thankyou for your reply

I was admitted into hospital at the end of November and I wasnt discharged till yesterday. They have put me on depixol injections, olanzapine, haloperidol and citalopram tablets

I feel so much better than I did when I first went into hospital, the voices are really low I cant understand what they are saying.

Thanks again for your reply

x

A

Ambience

No problem Minnie,

I'm on citalopram also which has reduced the intensity for me also. I think i have more uncontrolled thoughts perhaps- or intrusive thoughts rather than voices, but my mum has skitzophernia, so i'm not sure.

I'm glad you are feeling better x

~minnie~

~minnie~

Thanks for your reply x

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi Minnie glad you're back and feeling better.
KP:hug: