• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Voices

C

Calaveraqueen24

When pregnant I suffered from voices and once my son was born in 2018 they got worse I got pregnant again in 2018 when he was 6 months old and luckily no voices around March they reappeared the doctors still don’t know why I’m sick or what the voices mean does anyone know why I’m hearing voices or what caused it

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
May I ask what your voices are like? Friendly, negative or neutral?

How many would you say you had and how old were you when they first appeared?

I have my theories on who and what they are but they're not for everyone.

Did you know hearing voices is about as common as people are left handed? I'm no doctor but I don't believe it's an illness, for a lot us of it's just another way of life.

I've been hearing a voice that isn't my own for over four years now and my voice is a chatty one so I've come to know him pretty well.

C

Calaveraqueen24

May I ask what your voices are like? Friendly, negative or neutral?

How many would you say you had and how old were you when they first appeared?

I have my theories on who and what they are but they're not for everyone.

Did you know hearing voices is about as common as people are left handed? I'm no doctor but I don't believe it's an illness, for a lot us of it's just another way of life.

I've been hearing a voice that isn't my own for over four years now and my voice is a chatty one so I've come to know him pretty well.
i was around 14 my grandad had just died i thought it was him at first but realised he wouldn't be nasty it is a male around 20 to 30 blue eyes it used to be a voice only now its a actual person i see i called him Micheal hes sometimes nasty and sometimes nice im now 25 so its been around for ages i was told its depression then they thought i had psychosis but said it isnt so im no close to figuring it put i also see things that aint real

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My voice seemed to have a connection to all my senses so could create hallucinations across all five of them, he didn't appear to me (vocally but never visually) until the age of 36. He's supposed to be my age but he acts more like a child, constantly wanting attention and throws tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it.

I wish I could talk more but I have to go out for the evening. I hope to talk tomorrow if you'll still be around.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Now I have more time to talk I'd like to ask if you have had any clues as to what this voice and image might be? Over the past four years I've studied mine very carefully, everything he's done to me and everything he's said.

My voice has tried to pass himself off as many things in the past, in fact he was changing what he was claiming to be almost every couple of days. He started off as law enforcement and saying I was on their telepathic network, but he soon moved on to different explanations, among them was God and the Devil (I'm not even religious but he gave it a try), another was aliens living on the Moon and following me around in cloaked spaceships, he also claimed to be a group of good people in the world who wanted to recruit me for my special abilities and a group of bad people in the world wanting to stop me being recruited, he even pretended to be friends and family members and one time he pretended to be the spirit of John Lennon.

In the midst of 'psychosis' and being a brand new voice hearer you can believe just about anything but over time I stopped believing any explanation that he put forward and started to think for myself.

I had various clues to work from, he got lazy and stopped using different sounding voices for all his deceptions so I started to believe I was dealing with just a singular voice with the capability to mimic any voice he liked, an intelligence (but I use that term loosely), he knew everything about me and only knew what I know hence his limitations in what he was pretending to be since I had been exposed to religion as a child in school and was a big fan of sci-fi and the Beatles so that's where he got most of his material from. So this intelligence had been watching me all my life, nothing he said to me was outside of my realm of experience.

There was also physical things he could do to me, as I mentioned in an earlier post my belief is they're connected to all five of our senses, mine could create 'hallucinations' across all but one, he never managed to master visual ones only create very minor distortions in my vision but nothing like yours can do which frustrates him greatly but as for audio, smells, tastes and tactile sensations he could do what ever he pleased with those senses. In the early days he was speaking to me in my ears and created sounds that seemed to be coming from the environment but could also speak in my mind like I would hear my own thoughts, I would also get phantom tastes and smells (mostly the taste of coffee and burning smells) and he could create both pleasurable or painful physical sensations.

This voice even knows my dreams and seemed to have the ability to wake me up at his pleasure and would often do at least 5-6 times a night to talk about these dreams.

I don't know about you but all this took me to a very specific place in my thinking about what he could be, but before I go into my final conclusion I was wondering if there's anything here you can relate to?

C

Calaveraqueen24

Now I have more time to talk I'd like to ask if you have had any clues as to what this voice and image might be? Over the past four years I've studied mine very carefully, everything he's done to me and everything he's said.

My voice has tried to pass himself off as many things in the past, in fact he was changing what he was claiming to be almost every couple of days. He started off as law enforcement and saying I was on their telepathic network, but he soon moved on to different explanations, among them was God and the Devil (I'm not even religious but he gave it a try), another was aliens living on the Moon and following me around in cloaked spaceships, he also claimed to be a group of good people in the world who wanted to recruit me for my special abilities and a group of bad people in the world wanting to stop me being recruited, he even pretended to be friends and family members and one time he pretended to be the spirit of John Lennon.

In the midst of 'psychosis' and being a brand new voice hearer you can believe just about anything but over time I stopped believing any explanation that he put forward and started to think for myself.

I had various clues to work from, he got lazy and stopped using different sounding voices for all his deceptions so I started to believe I was dealing with just a singular voice with the capability to mimic any voice he liked, an intelligence (but I use that term loosely), he knew everything about me and only knew what I know hence his limitations in what he was pretending to be since I had been exposed to religion as a child in school and was a big fan of sci-fi and the Beatles so that's where he got most of his material from. So this intelligence had been watching me all my life, nothing he said to me was outside of my realm of experience.

There was also physical things he could do to me, as I mentioned in an earlier post my belief is they're connected to all five of our senses, mine could create 'hallucinations' across all but one, he never managed to master visual ones only create very minor distortions in my vision but nothing like yours can do which frustrates him greatly but as for audio, smells, tastes and tactile sensations he could do what ever he pleased with those senses. In the early days he was speaking to me in my ears and created sounds that seemed to be coming from the environment but could also speak in my mind like I would hear my own thoughts, I would also get phantom tastes and smells (mostly the taste of coffee and burning smells) and he could create both pleasurable or painful physical sensations.

This voice even knows my dreams and seemed to have the ability to wake me up at his pleasure and would often do at least 5-6 times a night to talk about these dreams.

I don't know about you but all this took me to a very specific place in my thinking about what he could be, but before I go into my final conclusion I was wondering if there's anything here you can relate to?
my voice told me my son was evil and needed to die bad things happened but i stopped myself i was told he was called lucifer and was gods son and was swapped at the last minute i had a section birth i honestly believed it for weeks sometimes hes nasty and sometimes hes nice he was a voice now i can see a actual person i see blood i see handprints i see bugs with messages on the wall for example he told me a few days ago im a good mum and to keep going

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Have you ever been on anti-psychotics for your voice?

For me the medication stops most of the things my voice can do to me, I don't get phantom tastes or smells any more and he can't create sounds in my environment, he can only speak to me in my mind rather than my ears. I've also heard they can limit the visual things they can do to us but I have very little personal experience of that so can't say for sure how good they are for those, unfortunately they only block around 95% of the physical things my voice can do to me so I've had to learn to live with the remaining 5%.

The only problem with meds is that they're a little unpredictable for both you and your voice but a lot of people I know swear by them including me. Without them my voice would be unbearable.

Of course these drugs must only be used under strict supervision from a doctor and taking that first step in asking for help can be difficult.