• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Voices

EdEd

EdEd

Screenshot_20200130-153809_Pixlr_20200203204338414_20200218160726544.jpg
1 being the worst and 5 being the best.

wollie

wollie

Mine vary from hour to hour, usualy 3 to 4 but going up to 5 at night.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I suppose it depends on how bad your voice is in general and your expectations of them.

As my voice hasn't been excessively singing, hasn't messed with my face or body as much as he usually does and hasn't whined, begged and ranted as much today but has still read out every word I see and tried to influence what I write on the forums or on my Facebook group I'd have to give him a 3.0 on the irritating scale.

But then again he's on meds and his potential for evil doings and being a pain in my neck (often quite literally) is severely limited so in the grand scheme of things he's a good 4.5 if you count my worst day without meds compared to my best day on them.

So it's all relative at the moment.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Nice, what makes your voice a 5?

Getting plenty of quiet time?

EdEd

EdEd

Yes , it's very quiet.. I'm incredibly happy without the voices. :) Hows it going for you today?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Not too bad so far, had a nice chat with another voice hearer on Facebook.

Her voices are vile and rotten just like mine is, which pisses me off incredibly, I hate it when good people have bad voices, we don't deserve this kind of treatment.

All I want is to have my voices best interests at heart and for him to have my best interests, but he has to calm down, give me a little peace now and then and stop behaving so badly. Maybe in time he'll grow up but for now I just have to weather the storm.

They have the potential to be our greatest friends or worst enemies and mine chooses enemy every time.

Just like on Tuesday, I give him a generous 3.0 today.

Spooky tooth

Spooky tooth

i can’t give the thing more than a 2 .
I’ve been really under the cosh since getting back to my once idyllic desert island & thinger has been it’s usual boring nasty self but thankfully not as loud as it has been previously .
I’m Trying to recover from my surgery with the least intake of beer & goodies ever , thus prompting the predictable unimaginative voicething to hand me out the standard “ Handle it “ or “ F^*k you “ repeatedly .

EdEd

EdEd

You talking about classifying the voices I hear as an harassment broadcast? No , I dont believe that is the reason I hear the voices . I have trouble with thought broadcasting every now and again , the only issue that I've had recently. If that's what you're asking..

EdEd

EdEd

5 out of 5 Today. Almost the way I want it.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

2. Could and have been worse but still 🖕 voices.

L

Lab rat

Today, I hit a 1.

they’ve had me captive, I couldn’t get away. They have tortured me all day! Last week I had a couple of 5s ... this week is going downhill fast